No announcement yet.

Catalyst 8.6 + Cedega = graphics corruption

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

HD 3870 here aswell, running with 1680x1050 resolution and seeing the same issue. 1280x1024 doesn't show the same behaviour but other types of artifacts instead, where GNOME Panels turn black.

It's interesting to note also that when running Blender in fullscreen, switching workspaces stops the screen updates. This same behaviour is in Savage2 if you don't have Grab Input enabled (so you can switch workspaces with hotkeys).

Savage 2 also has a minor issue that the textures or shaders in the login screen with 8.6 are totally bugged now. Ingame it works fine (Aside from the workspace switching).

Comment

maligor, is the issue with Savege 2 login screen a regression from previous driver versions ? We're always looking for "easy to reproduce" problems where there's a good chance we might see them on our systems and not have to drive to your house
      Test signature

Comment

Originally posted by bridgman View Post
        maligor, is the issue with Savege 2 login screen a regression from previous driver versions ? We're always looking for "easy to reproduce" problems where there's a good chance we might see them on our systems and not have to drive to your house
        No. Prior to the FCP2 savage update, we had no models at all. They seem to have fixed most of that problem, with only a few bits and pieces left.

Comment

I have same problems RadeonX200M(RC410) and Wine 1.0.0 x86. Ati still crappy

Comment

For me on my X1900XT the 8.5 did not have the shader problems with FCP2 (everything was displayed as it should). So the 8.6 partly broke what they fixed, but now we can at least see the models Besides that the ingame updater doesn't crash my computer anymore with Savage2 and 8.6... (Other than that "Penumbra:Overture/Black plague" now has working shadows with 8.6. With 8.5 the game crashed with them turned on)
            Last edited by ZedDB; 29 June 2008, 07:47 PM.

Comment

Yes, it is.

Savage 2 64bit version 1.5.0 on linux and Catalyst 8.5 works to all appearances, flawlessly.

The issue only shows up on the login screen when using Catalyst 8.6. It looks like it looses all diffuse shading. In game I haven't seen any change.

This thread seems to have other people mentioning the same issue. (The texture issue mentioned, not the crash)

My system is on debian unstable amd64 and intel core2.
              Last edited by maligor; 30 June 2008, 04:12 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by maligor View Post
                Yes, it is.

Savage 2 64bit version 1.5.0 on linux and Catalyst 8.5 works to all appearances, flawlessly.

The issue only shows up on the login screen when using Catalyst 8.6. It looks like it looses all diffuse shading. In game I haven't seen any change.

This thread seems to have other people mentioning the same issue. (The texture issue mentioned, not the crash)

My system is on debian unstable amd64 and intel core2.
                Same here: Savage2 64bit version 1.5.0 on Catalyst 8.6 has that strange issue in the login screen.

Comment

I'm seeing the same sort of corruption when I use MythTV.

It worked up to 8.5 (barring some video problems when changing channels, but that's a different issue), but now I get the weird corruption when I start MythTV - even if I start it in its own window, the whole display is corrupted. This happens on the menu screens as well as during TV playback.

Strangely, when I quit out of MythTV, the corruption remains for a second or 2 after MythTV has exited, and then the screen goes back to normal again.

This never happened before 8.6 and makes it unusable for me.

btw I'm using Debian/testing and have a 3450 with monitor plugged into DSub connector.

Comment

I have a similar issue

http://www.phoronix.com/forums/showp...56&postcount=3

I haven't been able to go anywhere since.

Summary:
                    It occurs with when running Warcraft II using OpenGL or WoW using WINE's implementation of Direct3D (OpenGL doesn't work for me here). Catalyst 8.5 is fine, 8.6 gives me a dual checker-boxing, which oddly does not appear at all when I do a Print Screen.

If you need logs, as away (just tell me what command you need run, so that we're on the same page).

Thanks in advance

Comment

Well, the Catalyst 8.6 + any Wine-product certainly qualifies. I have not yet had my 4850 plus Wine manage anything but the checkerboard of doom.

Comment

Working...
                      X