LibreOffice 4.4 To Have A New OpenGL Back-End

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Aleve Sicofante View Post
    Can someone please explain why the need for OpenGL in a word processor? It's a genuine question, no trolling.
    why do you call office suite 'a word processor' ?

Comment

Originally posted by wikinevick View Post
      You are completely missing the point on why the German cities are moving back to MS-Office (and Windows). The fact is that humans are social by nature and you can be expected to open "another company's files", edit them, and send them back. And they must absolutely render fine on that other company's" leading commercial editor.

You can sometimes get away with .pdf though, but most of the times, just having an old version of MS-Office works better that LibreOffice. And of course, the one thing LibreOffice needs to catch more users is change the name.
      'German cities' are not moving back to Microsoft Office and Windows. Also, the same can be said about how different versions of Microsoft Office are incompatible with their own file formats so they render their own files incorrectly.

Comment

Originally posted by Filiprino View Post
        Maybe this fixes some glitches that I have.
        Could it be backported to Ubuntu 14.04 LTS?
        Last time I checked, LibreOffice has an official PPA for Ubuntu so even if it's not officially backported, you can still obtain it.

Comment

Originally posted by valeriodean View Post
          Are you speaking about the idiots of Freiburg?
          About the competition between the two project, I think it is pretty much over:
          1) LO can take the code from OO but not vice versa
          2) LO has a more vibrant ecosystem, a lot more devs, a lot more involved company
          Berlin is considering it too.

I think both OO and LO are dead in the water: MS-Office is basically free now (nevermind RMS' attempt to redefine the meaning of the word "free") on the iPad, where neither project is even an option.

Comment

Working...
          X