Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Raspberry Pi Model A+ Launches, Costs Just $20

Phoronix: Raspberry Pi Model A+ Launches, Costs Just $20

The Raspberry Pi Foundation is out with the new Model A+ board that follows in the foot steps of this summer's release of the Raspberry Pi Model B+...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Now my killer robots can be even more adorably tiny. *twirls mustache*

Comment

Schematic

I don't suppose we're going to see a schamatic for this board, either? Or did they finally release one for the B+?

Comment

So for these dimensions and price point, this is now definitely an interesting product. The RPi B model I felt was a little too big and too expensive for what it was.

Comment

Still no native support for floats? When a piece of hw doesn't support floats you know it's weak as fuck.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
            Still no native support for floats? When a piece of hw doesn't support floats you know it's weak as fuck.
            Yeah, reminds me of the 386 SX.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
              Errr, who says it doesn't have hard float?

Comment

It *HAS* hard float support, it always had.
                ## VGA ##
                AMD: X1950XTX, HD3870, HD5870
                Intel: GMA45, HD3000 (Core i5 2500K)

Comment

In fact floating point support is a strong point of the Pi. ARM11 has a much beefier FPU than Cortex-A8.

Comment

Maybe the world's cheapest HTPC platform. Pretty awesome. Runs 1080p with Dolby/DTS 7.1 sounds and PGS subtitles without issues. Overclocks at least 300 MHz. The chinese htpc boxes at store are at least $50. Yes, they might contain builtin wifi, emmc and dual core, but you won't need them.

Comment

Working...
                    X