Raspberry Pi Model A+ Launches, Costs Just $20

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    Still no native support for floats? When a piece of hw doesn't support floats you know it's weak as fuck.
    Wow, you are either confusing the Pi with something else, or utterly clueless (or a troll). I've been doing extensive floaty things on the Pi anyway. It loves floats, and eats them fast (especially the GPU).

Comment

Originally posted by Remdul View Post
      Wow, you are either confusing the Pi with something else, or utterly clueless (or a troll). I've been doing extensive floaty things on the Pi anyway. It loves floats, and eats them fast (especially the GPU).
      The Pi can run quake 3. Which if I recall is a pretty intensive 3D engine for anything before pentium 3 and athlon cpu's...

Comment

Originally posted by b15hop View Post
        The Pi can run quake 3. Which if I recall is a pretty intensive 3D engine for anything before pentium 3 and athlon cpu's...
        Of course it can. Raspberry is GPU + 700 MHz CPU. My Pentium III 700 MHz + NVIDIA TNT2 was just fine for Quake3 @ 800x600. You can even overclock RPi to 1000 MHz. Also RPi has DDR ram and Pentium III had SDR. Pentium III had 100 MHz, RPi has 400-600 MHz RAM depending on your overclocking. They're also both 32-bit with 64-bit data bus width.

Comment

Working...
        X