Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AMD Catalyst 8.6 Linux Driver

Phoronix: AMD Catalyst 8.6 Linux Driver

In AMD's usual fashion, this afternoon they have announced the release of new display drivers for both Linux and Windows. The Catalyst 8.6 release for Linux introduces a few bug fixes, version 2.0 of their driver installation API, and a few unannounced features are present. As always, we have the run-down for you on this month's changes.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Very nice, I just got bored and now have something to do
    Downloading it... Hopefully they fixed my screen detection problems!

Comment

Originally posted by NeoBrain View Post
      Hopefully they fixed my screen detection problems!
      Oh my, you set your hopes high

Comment

Originally posted by sundown View Post
        Oh my, you set your hopes high
        Heh, I always was optimistic when trying new Catalyst versions
        The funny thing is, they really always tend to disappoint me, but sometimes they just work ;-)

EDIT: ffs... they didn't even fix the F8 packaging problems :/
        Last edited by NeoBrain; 18 June 2008, 01:58 PM.

Comment

Btw, Bridgeman, check out this screenshot

This always happens when I play a video file on my 2nd display. Do you notice the corruption around the borders? I have to move my cursor around those to get rid of them. It was always like this no matter what player, distribution... etc.

So don't you guys tell me video play back bettered! Not on my mobility radeon!

I'll save this post for the official 8.6 thread too, in case he doesn't read it.
          Last edited by sundown; 18 June 2008, 02:07 PM.

Comment

excuse me, but where is the link to download it... in amd drivers page the newest driver is 8.5...

Comment

Originally posted by linzerd View Post
              excuse me, but where is the link to download it... in amd drivers page the newest driver is 8.5...
              You're like excused. This is what you want https://a248.e.akamai.net/f/674/9206...x86.x86_64.run

Comment

To the dismay of some users, Catalyst 8.6 for Linux doesn't support the Linux 2.6.26 kernel or X.Org 7.4 (X Server 1.5).
                Still no Fedora 9 support?!? Come on ATI, it's a major distro! Count me as one of the dismayed!

Comment

THX!!! On my way to test it...

Comment

Originally posted by hubick View Post
                    Still no Fedora 9 support?!? Come on ATI, it's a major distro! Count me as one of the dismayed!
                    Sorry, but only Redhat, Novel stuff and Ubuntu are allowed in this high party

Comment

Working...
                    X