• Show
Clear All

I can't install the driver on Kubuntu hardy

==================================================
    ATI Technologies Linux Driver Installer/Packager
    ==================================================
    Generating package: Ubuntu/8.04
    Resolving build dependencies...
    Unable to resolve cannot read packages/Ubuntu/dists/8.04/control. Please manually install and try again.

Comment

Wait, so this fixed the issue where when you have multiple users on (with multiple x servers) and you log one off, it doesn't lockup anymore?

Comment

Originally posted by Fenix-TX View Post
        I can't install the driver on Kubuntu hardy
        try Ubuntu/hardy rather than Ubuntu/8.04

Comment

Originally posted by mrplow View Post
          try Ubuntu/hardy rather than Ubuntu/8.04
          Thanks! Working!

Comment

Using OpenGL screensavers locks me out of my session. Under GNOME, if I try to resume my session everything freezes; in KDE I can resume a session, but the login window does not render (I have to type "blind").
            I'm also having problems with 3D apps. While they don't seg. fault, performance seems to degrade over time; if I restart everything goes back to normal, but the issues eventually show up again.
            I can't run any PTS gaming tests anymore. The first run completes fine, but the whole thing gets stuck while initializing the second one; this does not happen with 8.5.
            Overall I can't say I'm thrilled with this release. Screen tearing with Xv and movie playback is still there by the way, but only on my x800gto (the 200M works fine... weird). Oh, and scrolling in FF while using composition engines (Compiz for one) is smooth as butter now, even with Smooth Scrolling on.
            Last edited by Melcar; 18 June 2008, 07:39 PM.

Comment

Help!

Well I seem to be having some big problems here. I tried building with the --buildandinstallpkg, but that had errors. So I tried just the regular --buildpkg Ubuntu/hardy, then dpkg -i to the deb files. This seemed to work, so upon restart I go to run fglrxinfo and I get back

fglrxinfo: ../../src/xcb_io.c:350: _XReply: Assertion `!dpy->xcb->reply_data' failed.
              Abort

Comment

Hey, but clock gating was enabled for all chips!? even M76? by default? or there are options to set it?

and is it somehow related to POWERplay? because powerplay was not enabled for my M76, and i cannot find anywhere that clock gating was enabled....

Comment

After about 15 min of using the new release the screen became all pilxelated and unreadable, I couldn't get a screenshot but I will revert back to 8.4 which I could at least see my screen with until the next one comes along and I can be disappointed again.

Comment

Originally posted by twolf View Post
                    After about 15 min of using the new release the screen became all pilxelated and unreadable, I couldn't get a screenshot but I will revert back to 8.4 which I could at least see my screen with until the next one comes along and I can be disappointed again.

Was it sudden or did you do something, like run a game? For me if I run 3D games the driver eventually craps out; performance goes to the floor. If I change stuff in CCC most of my 3D games segfault. This behavior was not present in 8.5 (that revision was nearly perfect for my uses). 2D and video playback are nearly perfect now with no problems (except for screen tearing on my x800gto), but 3D took a nose dive for some reason. The fact that I can watch videos and game with Compiz on now almost, *almost*, makes this driver a dream come true for me. They fix something but other stuff breaks, which does happen a lot in software programing, so I'm not going to complain too much. Good driver overall, and if it weren't that I game a lot, I would give it a happy face.
                    Last edited by Melcar; 18 June 2008, 08:45 PM.

Comment

I wasn't playing a game or anything intensive like that, just a web browser and a couple of xterms open.

Comment

Working...
                      X