Fujitsu Developer Talks Up Btrfs File-System, Declares It Ready To Use

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by madjr View Post
    Since am an Ubuntu user I hope they will make this default for next interim release now. So enough users can test for the LTS!
    I actually hope that too!
    Since I am not really an ubuntu user, or when I install ubuntu, it will be on ext4.
    I need btrfs to be production ready, so there is nothing better than a lot of users complaining :-).

Comment

People will wait until its in RHEL before its considered stable.

Comment

Hahahahah.

Btrfs is everything but stable and ready to use in corporate environment. These company say such bulshit because they want end users to find out all bugs and report them
        Btrfs is not going anywhere before 2016 and maybe even 2017.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
          People will wait until its in RHEL before its considered stable.
          I'll have to agree with you there. Hell, it took RHEL forever to even add ext4 support, when all other distributions had already been using it by default for a long time.

Comment

Originally posted by wikinevick View Post
            ... when you can se the real ZFS!
            it is not zfs-like. zfs can't even change its size. zfs is obsoleted by btrfs.
            Originally posted by wikinevick View Post
            A dependable filesystem takes decades to test/tune, ZFS has already done that and is well designed and implemented. Fuck the license zealots.. its free and it's available now, just use Gentoo, or Debian ... or FreeBSD.
            fuck brainless bsd trolls. zfs have zero decades of testing/tuning on linux/freebsd

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
              it is not zfs-like. zfs can't even change its size. zfs is obsoleted by btrfs.

fuck brainless bsd trolls. zfs have zero decades of testing/tuning on linux/freebsd
              Wanting to change the size of a single volume either in ZFS or Btrfs sounds mainly like a brainfart to me. In reality you have a pool of volumes, each volume spans physical medium and you change pool size by adding and removing volumes.

Comment

Working...
              X