Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The People Behind Mesa 3D

Phoronix: The People Behind Mesa 3D

Following our article looking at the state of X.Org (along with announcing the release of X Server 1.4.1), we proceeded to share the contributors behind the X Server -- both the individual developers and companies involved with fostering the growth of this important free software package since 1999. What we hadn't looked at in that analysis was the people and companies behind the work on Mesa 3D, or the OpenGL component used by X. In this article, however, we have these statistics to share.

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Hi.

Very nice, but there are again repeated Chinese names. As you can see easily, the same name is written different (surname and then first name separated with comma).

The question is: how to make companies be more aware that X, MESA and the drivers needs more development power and that will benefit them at same time? It's easy to get the work done and invest too few bucks, but that isn't good strategy in mid term..

Regards.

Comment

Originally posted by timofonic View Post
      Very nice, but there are again repeated Chinese names. As you can see easily, the same name is written different (surname and then first name separated with comma)
      Doh, forgot to correct that again before publishing.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

From the Intel section...

Xiang, Haihao (0.823%)
        Haihao Xiang (0.031%)

Comment

I feel I need to point out that not all work done for the community is necessarily reflected in the commit logs.
          People like those who takes the time to review commits and help the little ones taking there first tentative steps.

I am personally grateful for the help/support I got for my limited contributions. I hope the future will allow me to do more.

Rune Petersen

Comment

Working...
          X