Batch Mode

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Batch Mode

I would like an example of more than one test of someone using the batch-run option. This mode works fine for a single test but I had assumed the following:
    1) More than one test could be put on the same command line or refer to a file containing a list of tests in a batch.
    2) The "Enter a name to save these results" would only be entered once as a base directory for all test results in the batch.

Example of what I was looking to do:
    phoronix-test-suite batch-run super-pi scimark2 specviewperf9 memory-bandwidth

Enter a name to save these results: batch_run1

At this point all the tests would run without further intervention by me.

[EDIT] - I ran batch setup and replied "N" to any prompt question. This at least gets rid of any prompts but I would still like all the test results from a batch run to be isolated in a single directory named for that specific batch run. [END EDIT]

Have I missed the point of batch-run? Or is there a way to accomplish my goal?

Right now I use a shell script with individual test entries, but I have to enter a new "name to save results" at the beginning of each test. That seems to diminish the value of batch mode.

Thanks for any help someone can give me.

P.S. - I have already search this forum and Google for examples of "batch-run" or "batch mode" and come up empty.
    Last edited by rdvaughan; 14 June 2008, 02:14 PM.

Hi rdvaughan,

First off, sorry about the late response.

Right now only a single test can be supplied as a command-line argument, but that may be changed in the near future.

If you want to run multiple tests, just create your own test suite. It's quite easy. Check out the XML in pts/test-suites/.

Can you clarify your question #2?
    Michael Larabel
    https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
      Hi rdvaughan,

If you want to run multiple tests, just create your own test suite. It's quite easy. Check out the XML in pts/test-suites/.

Can you clarify your question #2?
      Thanks for the reply. Some confusion comes where my definition of a batch is having more then one test as a single executable collection and where each test does not have dialog requests (Phoronix's current definition of a batch).

What I meant by #2 was that instead of just filing the results of a batch run of multiple tests into a general directory file all of a multi-test batch results into a multi-test specific directory whos' name is entered at the beginning of the batch run.

I effectively did this in a multi-test batch script which at the end of all test runs moved each test result into a sub directory with a batch run name I entered as a script command line option.

I am doing benchmarking of overclocking settings and want to compare a batch of tests which measuring different kinds of system performance against different overclocking settings. At some point tweaking my overclocking settings will make very little difference to system performance and I want to know when I am wasting my time.

Comment

@rdvaughan can you show the script, I'm trying to achieve the same result.

Comment

Working...
        X