Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• QEMU 2.2 Moves Closer To Release With Many New Features

Phoronix: QEMU 2.2 Moves Closer To Release With Many New Features

QEMU 2.2 is under development to further advance Linux virtualization/emulation capabilities. QEMU 2.2-rc0 is now available as the first test release...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: QEMU 2.2 Moves Closer To Release With Many New Features

QEMU 2.2 is under development to further advance Linux virtualization/emulation capabilities. QEMU 2.2-rc0 is now available as the first test release...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTgzMDQ
    Cool. QEMU's user mode emulation also gains support for more syscalls.

Comment

Probably in 2020 they will add proper graphics acceleration. But hey, it's more important to have support for 1000 cores and virtual tunnels over RS-232 and other crap.

Comment

It is industry required

Originally posted by wargames View Post
        Probably in 2020 they will add proper graphics acceleration. But hey, it's more important to have support for 1000 cores and virtual tunnels over RS-232 and other crap.

What is of even more importance to me would be a qcc release. Probably also in 2020.

Comment

A decent GUI would be nice too. I used to use aqemu, but that has stagnated.

Comment

Originally posted by wargames View Post
            I'd venture and guess that most qemu users (KVM) use it for server hosting.
            ... And as such, qemu developers target, wait for it, their user base (let alone their paying user base) as opposed to, well, you. So, yes, 1000 cores and virtual tunnels over RS-232 is more important than OpenGL over QXL.

But hey, if you care so much for better graphics in qemu, why aren't *you* doing anything about it.
            (Unless you consider ranting in Phoronix as constructive)

- Gilboa
            oVirt-HV1: Intel S2600C0, 2xE5-2658V2, 128GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX1080 (to-VM), Dell U3219Q, U2415, U2412M.
            oVirt-HV2: Intel S2400GP2, 2xE5-2448L, 120GB, 8x2TB, 4x480GB SSD, GTX730 (to-VM).
            oVirt-HV3: Gigabyte B85M-HD3, E3-1245V3, 32GB, 4x1TB, 2x480GB SSD, GTX980 (to-VM).
            Devel-2: Asus H110M-K, i5-6500, 16GB, 3x1TB + 128GB-SSD, F33.

Comment

Working...
            X