Fedora 21 Beta Makes It Out Following Delays

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
    Spin vs product isn't a question of what is good vs not. Products are not component focused. Instead they are defined around what set of users they are trying to target. The new website designed around products don't have a default image in the front page anyway. If a product that is approved by fedora council has kde in it, that would be treated the same as all the other products.
    No need to pretend democracy where there is none. Gnome members where just appointed to make the Workstation product. But hey, that's fine with me. Why are arguing against me? I'm advocating in favor of Fedora here where even second class citizens are better treated than first class citizens in other distros. This speaks for Fedora's overall quality.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
      No need to pretend democracy where there is none. Gnome members where just appointed to make the Workstation product.
      GNOME members along with KDE developer, LXDE developer, kernel developer etc are part of the workstation group but has nothing to do with whether other products can be in same level along with Fedora Cloud and Fedora Server. So all I am doing is explaining Fedora governance to you. If that wasn't clear, I can elaborate further.

Comment

Installed fine on a desktop.

Gave up on my laptop because anaconda froze five times in a row when configuring partitions. (this laptop has been running F20 since alpha)

Not sure it's the "best ever."

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
          GNOME members along with KDE developer, LXDE developer, kernel developer etc are part of the workstation group but has nothing to do with whether other products can be in same level along with Fedora Cloud and Fedora Server. So all I am doing is explaining Fedora governance to you. If that wasn't clear, I can elaborate further.
          You don't need to explain it to me. I already know that a certain party made sure nothing but Gnome is default in Workstation by appointing the majority of members from the Gnome team. And I also know at least one KDE SIG member expressed frustration over this.
          And I repeat myself but I honestly mean it: I don't care. Unlike Ubuntu where Canonical sabotages other desktops (one of the latest examples being bad performance of Baloo due certain kernel settings), other desktops under Fedora, while formally second class citizens, are not treated unfair on a technological level. So the experience is great, no matter what politics decide is default.
          Experienced users have no problems diverging from the default path and less experienced users should IMHO use Korora, aka Newbie Fedora, anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by Awesomeness View Post
            You don't need to explain it to me. I already know that a certain party made sure nothing but Gnome is default in Workstation by appointing the majority of members from the Gnome team. And I also know at least one KDE SIG member expressed frustration over this.
            And I repeat myself but I honestly mean it: I don't care. Unlike Ubuntu where
            Well. I do care. Please provide references to which members you are referring to

Comment

Working...
            X