Icewind Dale: Enhanced Edition Is Out For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    Damned be those who desire both a good story and a challenge. Luckily JRPGs exist.
    Play on hard mode. Fireball your own party members.

Comment

Originally posted by Zan Lynx View Post
      Play on hard mode. Fireball your own party members.
      How can I reconcile these quotes?

The included "Story Mode" (easy mode) is a joke
      Story modes are meant for people who play games for story alone, not challenge. Ie similar to reading a book. If you're not one of those, don't even touch story modes
      Does it, or does it not have story with more than easy difficulty? Some say story is only on easy, you say there's one on hard.

Comment

I don't have the game (yet), but nobody said it only has a story mode. Quite the opposite, if they say it has a story mode it must also have other modes as well.

Comment

Story mode is only active if you move the difficulty slider all the way to the left. I did not really see any difference in the game story, so I don't know. I guess since you are not worried about getting killed and building up your characters you can focus more on the story aspect of the game (which is almost non-existent by the way). Granted I have not gone much further than the first town, so I don't know if there are more drastic changes to the story further in the game.

Comment

Story mode is just the new term for God mode

It's not meant to affect the story of the game, it just means you don't have to worry about any game mechanics while you breeze straight through.

Comment

Icewind Dale had a story? Damn, been so long since I played. When I finally bothered with it, I was under the impression it was meant for people to multi-play and was more combat-focused. Time for a replay!

Nahhhh, I'd rather they got to Planescape - Torment. Tides of Numera look the goods, to. With all these IE re-releases and now inXile's releases, I'm swamped!
              Hi

Comment

Apparently they added all the BG2+ToB spells. I wonder if the enemies will use them, otherwise this thing will be incredibly broken.

Comment

Working...
                X