Steam Linux Usage Is Almost Back Up To 1.2%

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by nanonyme View Post
    I don't get what you mean. My point was if you don't have lsb-release available, your distro most likely doesn't comply with LSB at all ie is basically just some random crap from last century that doesn't understand it actually makes sense for distros to have given common interfaces instead of doing everything in random ways to only attract hobbyists

Well, if you don't have it then you don't have it. If you have it, you have it - but like Debian had it for 12 years, it never claim that is actually LSB 100% compliant - you can run LSB compliant apps, but there are limitations...

But yeah i don't know really... all that sound like crap to me, but linux fondation still wanna release specs - LSB 5.0 RC1 from few days ago

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
      Within the margin of error there are no Linux steam users. Sorry.

What you're seeing in Steam HW Survey is some statistical noise.
      Proof? :P

We do not know methodology, we do not know metrics, we do not know timeframe.

Yes. You can be right. But You can not be sure. So You can be wrong too.

Unless Valve change their reports and include some more data we can only be sure about trends.
      (Like nice boost to Linux after Steam for Linux release, then slow but steady downward trend. Now? Lets see for few more surveys. Maybe that is slow upward trend!)

Comment

I just wish Steam runtime would soon start targeting Ubuntu 14LTS rather than 12LTS. Latter is starting to be pretty ancient

Comment

Working...
        X