Ubuntu 14.10 Offers AMD Radeon Driver Performance Improvements

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by molecule-eye View Post
    That's not the point. It would be super easy to automate he process of updating to the latest stable kernel since they already build packages for it and that is basically what ppas have become used for--pseudo rolling release purposes. So why not automate it?
    What do you expect? It's Ubuntu, which is snapshot of Debian, which is snapshot of upstream. Instead of complaining you should get used to it or run a real distribution...

Comment

With stock everything I get freezes when my monitor goes to sleep on my HD7850. After updating to 3.17 and oibaf everything is fine.

Comment

real?

Originally posted by theghost View Post
        What do you expect? It's Ubuntu, which is snapshot of Debian, which is snapshot of upstream. Instead of complaining you should get used to it or run a real distribution...

what is a real distro?

the kernel presente in ubuntu is the not the same of upstream, its modified for their proposes... Red hat do the same, suse do the same... only the rolling distro and fedora do something different and sometimes the things becoma ugly at least if you use non free drivers

Comment

Working...
        X