SteelSeries' QcK Remain Great, Affordable Mouse Pads For Linux Gamers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by gutigen View Post
    There is huge issue with drivers for mousepads under Linux, like literally everyone is making mousepads Windows only, it's annoying.
    And the new drivers that are currently being developed are all integrating with systemd so expect flame wars in the near future.

Comment

Originally posted by mufasa72 View Post
      And the new drivers that are currently being developed are all integrating with systemd so expect flame wars in the near future.
      But of course you'll first have to wait for the community to reverse engineer the binary blob that is required for full functionality of the mouse pad.

Comment

I know, man it's so annoying when mouse pads don't support GlassDesk >= 0.8 without binary blobs. Only Roccat pads have some reverse-engineered support, but the wrist rest only works in Windows.

Comment

At least the slippage prevention feature is going to be added into mainline kernel for the 3.20 branch. But Ubuntu will include it earlier, so that they have the most crash prone kernel.

Comment

I used to think it was weird that lots of people seemed to not care about mice or mouse pads when they used Linux...

It can make a huge difference to normal desktop use having a high DPI mouse and a good mouse pad. Like I'm using 3600 DPI and a razor cloth mouse pad. I was using a QCK but wanted to compare the different. I actually think I prefer the razor but that could partially be because my qck is fraying. They are cheap so I could get a new one. Actually I did get a new one, but I haven't tried it yet.

These days even on secondary computers I appreciate a good mouse pad and a good mouse. I'm kind of thinking MX518 minimum.

I'm still struggling a little at the moment with Linux and mouse as I'm using 4k resolution and Synergy from Windows and it seems to mean that I can't set mouse speed in Linux. I'm using g400s these days. It's not too bad. (the original less ugly version)

If I can stop Linux video crashing i'd be tempted to use Linux as the "server" for keyboard/mouse. It's mostly stable if I don't run Chrome. Damn radeonsi instability.
            Last edited by mercutio; 27 October 2014, 09:59 PM.

Comment

Working...
            X