Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• RadeonSI/R600g HyperZ Support Gets Turned Back On

Phoronix: RadeonSI/R600g HyperZ Support Gets Turned Back On

As a quick update to a Phoronix story from earlier this week, the HyperZ performance boosting feature has been re-enabled in Mesa Git for RadeonSI and R600g!..

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Anyone compared CSGO with HyperZ on/off?

Comment

I'm more curious to know if Br?tal Legend works with HyperZ now and how the performance compares with it on or off. If I remember currently this game was one of the first major reasons why it had to be turned off by default.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
        I'm more curious to know if Br?tal Legend works with HyperZ now and how the performance compares with it on or off. If I remember currently this game was one of the first major reasons why it had to be turned off by default.
        If a game is using a stencil buffer, HyperZ is automatically turned off. This shouldn't be very often though.

Comment

Originally posted by Vidar View Post
          It was certainly the first time I encountered any issues - strangely enough though it only seemed to apply to 64 bit systems.

Comment

Originally posted by marek View Post
            If a game is using a stencil buffer, HyperZ is automatically turned off. This shouldn't be very often though.
            Does this affect Doom3? As I recall it uses the stecil buffer for the shadows.
            Marek is there are some roadmap AMD developers are following. What is your next endevours?

Comment

How can one check if HiZ is enabled or not?

Comment

when it comes

So, when it comes to oibaf ppa? (It currently available only on mesa git right?)

Comment

Originally posted by imoreph View Post
                  So, when it comes to oibaf ppa? (It currently available only on mesa git right?)
                  There is already since a while.

Comment

Originally posted by oibaf View Post
                    There is already since a while.
                    Owh yeah owh yeah, I'll see it on my ati mblity 5650.
                    Does hyperz affecting all games performance?

Comment

Working...
                    X