Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Fedora Delays: Fedora 21 Beta Slips

Phoronix: More Fedora Delays: Fedora 21 Beta Slips

While the Fedora 21 Alpha release was challenged by multiple delays that put it back one month, the delays aren't over yet. At yesterday's first Go/No-Go meeting for the Fedora 21 Beta, it was determined that the beta release isn't quite ready yet...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Michael, while we're at it, are you experiencing problems with Steam on Fedora 21? My main installation has an AMD HD7850 card with mesa drivers, and Steam warns me of missing GLX acceleration when it starts up, then a number of games that worked just fine in Fedora 20 either hang or crash on startup. Oddily, other seem to be just fine. I installed Steam from rpmfusion, btw.

Comment

I should not use "slip" in the announcement, my fault. But in the end, during the effort to try Go/No-Go meeting today, we found serious blocker. That means real slip unfortunately. We will try to find a way how to deal with tight schedule.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
        Michael, while we're at it, are you experiencing problems with Steam on Fedora 21? My main installation has an AMD HD7850 card with mesa drivers, and Steam warns me of missing GLX acceleration when it starts up, then a number of games that worked just fine in Fedora 20 either hang or crash on startup. Oddily, other seem to be just fine. I installed Steam from rpmfusion, btw.
        I guess it's not an F21 issue but rather how steam discovers its 32bit GL drivers.

Also using steam from rpmfusion. I started getting this GL warning issue with F20 from some point ago up to this day, but I don't recall exactly when it broke. And now L4D2 on F20 starts but doesn't render any longer - just a blank screen, sound is fine, otoh Team Fortress still works fine (the rendering works and the sound).

The workaround that worked for me: I installed in parallel Ubuntu 14.04.1 amd64 - steam works fine there (particularly L4D2 rendering works).

Comment

This script works like a charm.

Code:
          #!/bin/bash
          DIR=$HOME/.local/share/Steam/

echo "Removing libstd"
          find $DIR -iname "libstd*" -exec rm -rf {} \;

echo "Removing libgcc"
          find $DIR -iname "libgcc*" -exec rm -rf {} \;

echo "All Done"

Comment

Originally posted by Alejandro Nova View Post
            This script works like a charm.

Code:
            #!/bin/bash
            DIR=$HOME/.local/share/Steam/

echo "Removing libstd"
            find $DIR -iname "libstd*" -exec rm -rf {} \;

echo "Removing libgcc"
            find $DIR -iname "libgcc*" -exec rm -rf {} \;

echo "All Done"
            Didn't solve the issue for me.

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
              I experienced the same problems with my Arch Linux notebook and instructions in this link solved the problems:
              https://wiki.archlinux.org/index.php...runtime_issues

Hope helps you too.

Comment

Deleting the embedded libs fixed it for me, thanks!

Comment

Working...
                X