Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

So what you are saying is

Originally posted by R00KIE View Post
    Given how things have been so far I'm waiting to see. More theme developers might throw in the towel and call it quits as this means rewriting the themes from scratch yet again.

So what you mean is that you have no idea if things will break or not. Judging by their track record I'm sure Gnome devs will find ways to break things for everyone else. If you haven't seen any breakage yet either you don't want to see it or you haven't been using it for very long, so don't go calling people names when they bluntly point out the elefant in the room.
    So what you are saying is they should have stayed with gtk2 and keep it like it was forever. Be happy then with Mate and Xfce.
    or
    They didn't warn you enough the theme handling was a moving target, even if they told it over and over again....
    or
    They should let everything stay like it was, untill everything was ready to move and then do it in one big change. Even if they don't have the manpower for that. Maybe long term supported distros are a thing for you and you should stay away from bleeding edge. I'm sure Red hat,Centos and Scientific Linux will stay a long time with the current release of Gnome and GTK so years of fun with your themes.
    Red Hat 6 and friends supported gnome2.28 a very long time and still do for example.
    Last edited by markus40; 23 October 2014, 02:55 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by R00KIE View Post
      Given how things have been so far I'm waiting to see. More theme developers might throw in the towel and call it quits as this means rewriting the themes from scratch yet again.

So what you mean is that you have no idea if things will break or not. Judging by their track record I'm sure Gnome devs will find ways to break things for everyone else. If you haven't seen any breakage yet either you don't want to see it or you haven't been using it for very long, so don't go calling people names when they bluntly point out the elefant in the room.
      Well this time they gave theme developers at lest 5 months till the changes goes stable. Plenty time to adapt their themes to CSS. It's not GTK devs responsibility to make sure side projects keep up the pace.

And this time it's not about changing for the sake of change, going to CSS is a big thing and I'm sure benefits will come sooner rather than later (as I've already said, fewer lines of code, more documentation available, more people with the necessary skills for creating a theme.)

Soo, still not seeing that elephant of yours:P

Sorry for offending you though.

Comment

Working...
      X