Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

CompuLab Intense-PC2: An Excellent, Fanless, Mini PC Powered By Intel's i7 Haswell

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Please test also with OpenBSD and OpenWRT

@Michael,
    Would it be possible that you also test these boxes with OpenBSD and OpenWRT?
    If someone wants to use these boxes for example as firewall, I would assume that the operating system of choice could be OpenBSD in many cases...
    While the results that you get under Ubuntu, Fedora etc. are quite impressive and therefore interesting, some results for other operating systems would not hurt.

Comment

Originally posted by JS987 View Post
      It is fast enough for some tasks, but it is too limited for main desktop computer which should be usable for anything.
      My desktop has an Athlon II X3 with an unlocked 4th core, overclocked to 3.2GHz. Interpolating on CPU benchmark.net, my CPU's probably about 10% slower than the one here. The system also only has 2GB of memory. However, I can program in multiple languages, write, crunch numbers, do data mining on a several gigabyte database, watch 720p video, use Virtualbox, play games, listen to music and podcasts, Skype with my little nephew, edit digital photographs, create DVDs, play games, etc. I use this machine more than 8 hours a day. How am I limited? What am I missing?

A general desktop computer is just that - a general desktop machine for general tasks. It's not a workstation, a server or a bitcoin mining rig.

Comment

Working...
      X