Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Linux Testing Of The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

Phoronix: Linux Testing Of The NVIDIA GeForce GTX 970

After last month's review of the NVIDIA GeForce GTX 980 on Linux, many Phoronix readers expressed interest in seeing tests of the GeForce GTX 970, another powerful Maxwell graphics card but costs much less than the GTX 980. I now have my hands on an EVGA GeForce GTX 970 and am working on Linux performance benchmarks for this graphics card...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

GiveAway?

So when you are done testing that video card will you be giving the card to whoever makes the first forum post on the official review?

Just saying...could be a good idea to bring more reader and potentially paying customers to the site

Comment

Originally posted by damvcoool View Post
      So when you are done testing that video card will you be giving the card to whoever makes the first forum post on the official review?

Just saying...could be a good idea to bring more reader and potentially paying customers to the site
      No...Because I still use all my graphics cards for many years to come with driver benchmarks, etc.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

It will likely be months before the open-source Nouveau driver has good Maxwell support -- re-clocking, acceleration without having to use external firmware, etc.
        But a news you posted said that firmware will now be in-kernel, thus no longer needing external firmware? Sadly it'll be non-free and tivoized.

Comment

Working...
        X