Android 5.0 Lollipop, Nexus 6 & Nexus 9 Announced

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by lanir View Post
    No wireless charging. That's actually kind of convenient with the nexus 5.
    Does have Qi wireless charging built in, via full google spec sheet. also on motorola's website. If the moto X had Qi charging, I wouldn't be on the fence, and I'd own a Moto X. I might try out the whale though. I can't really bash the size til I've given it a chance. I can say I don't assume I will prefer that large of a phone.

Comment

Originally posted by mmmbop View Post
      I wish Google would come up with a solution for people that can't stream all their media. There must be some way to get sdcards to work.
      If you don't stream Google hates you.

Comment

Originally posted by hajj_3 View Post
        the nexus 6 is $650
        That's crazy. I paid $120 for my LG L5II and still my heart bled. It's a very nice phone - fast, light and easy on the battery (I charge it once a week) but 120 bucks is a lot of money.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          Do we actually need 2560x1440 smartphone displays?
          yes, either that or anti-aliasing

Comment

Originally posted by 89c51 View Post
            6 inch screen. Phone. Beyond stupid.
            stupid comment. even apple "our 3.5 inch screen is ideal for everyone" has learned the hard way that screen size trumps everything

Comment

Originally posted by peppercats View Post
              How did we get to the point where we have 5" phones with 1440p screens and 14" laptops with 1366x768 screens?
              windows sucks
              btw, it's a 6" phone
              Last edited by pal666; 16 October 2014, 07:51 AM.

Comment

I'd buy a 5" phone with 1440p screen, but not a 6" one.

Comment

Originally posted by pal666 View Post
                  yes, either that or anti-aliasing
                  Yes because you can distinguish pixels in 330ppi screens. Cool story Superman. Now go save those in need with your superpowers.

Comment

Originally posted by brad0 View Post
                    For lots of people phones not fitting into their pocket is already an issue now with existing/smaller phones never mind larger phones that are actually tablets.
                    Meanwhile I manage to walk around daily with a Nexus 7 in my pocket

Originally posted by drspinderwalf View Post
                    I've gotta admit, I really don't get why people want such big phones. I don't like iPhones one bit but their sizing was just right. I've got an old 4.3 inch display on my HTC Sensation and I have major issues using the phone with one hand. If I'm reading in bed I drop it on myself all the time. Then again, it might be the very rounded casing on the phone.
                    My first "real" smartphone was the 7" Galaxy Tab. I guess from that point on, I just became accustomed to larger displays. I had a Nexus 4 that I could "get by" using, but my Nexus 10 was primary usage. I feel a Nexus 6 would be perfect for me.
                    Last edited by Guest; 16 October 2014, 11:58 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Espionage724 View Post
                      Meanwhile I manage to walk around daily with a Nexus 7 in my pocket

My first "real" smartphone was the 7" Galaxy Tab. I guess from that point on, I just became accustomed to larger displays. I had a Nexus 4 that I could "get by" using, but my Nexus 10 was primary usage. I feel a Nexus 6 would be perfect for me.
                      Nice luxury. A lot of people can't carry such a large device in their work clothes.

Comment

Working...
                      X