Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ubuntu Touch Fully Forks Its Email Client

Phoronix: Ubuntu Touch Fully Forks Its Email Client

As one of the important apps to Ubuntu Touch is, of course, an e-mail client. Up to now the Ubuntu Touch email client has been based off the lightweight, Qt-based Trojita application but now it's being forked off entirely for Ubuntu...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Ubuntu Touch Fully Forks Its Email Client

As one of the important apps to Ubuntu Touch is, of course, an e-mail client. Up to now the Ubuntu Touch email client has been based off the lightweight, Qt-based Trojita application but now it's being forked off entirely for Ubuntu...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTgxNDc
    Ubuntu doing what they do best...

Comment

All in all, I hope Trojita profits in the one or other way. That client is really good but needs some polishing ;-)

Comment

Originally posted by J?rnS View Post
        All in all, I hope Trojita profits in the one or other way. That client is really good but needs some polishing ;-)
        Nope. CLA means DEATH.

Comment

Reading about Ubuntu Touch, I'm wondering why nobody hasn't checked the released code for Meizu. Is it for MX4 or the not yet released MX4 Pro? Since MX4 has an MTK chipset, I believe it will be rather MX4 Pro. But I haven't seen it confirmed. In this case, it could barely cost less then $400 which is the promised price. Does anybody know?

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
            Nope. CLA means DEATH.
            Pure nonsense. Canonical's projects are GPL licensed, so any changes can be used in the original software.
            Spoute your hate somewhere else.

Comment

The problem with open source typically is the non-mnemonic names, the software might be called "pissing panda", "Jesus", "abgh32 FX", "cairo" or "bonerT", none of which try to remotely describe what it does.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                The problem with open source typically is the non-mnemonic names, the software might be called "pissing panda", "Jesus", "abgh32 FX", "cairo" or "bonerT", none of which try to remotely describe what it does.
                Exactly. Why don't they simply call it "(Ubuntu Touch) Mail?

Comment

Originally posted by MoonMoon View Post
                  Pure nonsense. Canonical's projects are GPL licensed, so any changes can be used in the original software.
                  Spoute your hate somewhere else.
                  Yes. However only Canonical can use it in *closed-source* software. Hence the CLA problem.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                    Nope. CLA means DEATH.
                    Did they or did they not actually CLA their fork of Trojita? If someone can provide a link indicating this is the case, I'd appreciate it because I see nothing that indicates this.

Comment

Working...
                    X