Bill Wendling Leaves LLVM Release Manager Role

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
    But it is evil, don't be ashamed to say that, it's 30 years old evil stinky crap.
    Broken? Arguably.

Evil? I doubt it intended to be broken.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
      But it is evil, don't be ashamed to say that, it's 30 years old evil stinky crap.
      Sometimes, people on this forums are so dramatic, I even think people talking on this forums don't know shit about software or technology. How the heck did you all write to these messages? Using wayland? Using MacOSX or Windows? I'm proudly using X without issues, it works just fine for me

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
        Sometimes, people on this forums are so dramatic, I even think people talking on this forums don't know shit about software or technology. How the heck did you all write to these messages? Using wayland? Using MacOSX or Windows? I'm proudly using X without issues, it works just fine for me
        Hear, hear. It's a pretty standard fallacy - anything {new|old} is {better|worse}. Not to say X is amazing or anything, but there was no argument. So just ignore it .

Comment

FWIW: Bill Wendling DOES NOT WORK AT APPLE. He's been working at Google for over a year.

William Wendling

Software Engineer at Google

San Francisco Bay Area
          Computer Software

Previous

Apple,
          The MathWorks,
          NCSA

Education

University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
          Not hard to find this information on LinkedIn.

Comment

Originally posted by Marc Driftmeyer View Post
            FWIW: Bill Wendling DOES NOT WORK AT APPLE. He's been working at Google for over a year.

Not hard to find this information on LinkedIn.
            Thanks for proper vetting the info...

With the link for the lazy ones:

Login to LinkedIn to keep in touch with people you know, share ideas, and build your career.

Comment

Pretty mature

LLVM is pretty mature nowadays so it's understandable that Apple may lay back a bit.
              They still have to ship Xcode though so I doubt they will leave altogether.

Comment

Originally posted by johnc View Post
                I really don't understand the hard-on for Apple that so many in the general Linux world have. Some even here on the forums, too.

When they were nothing more than a bothersome flea I could understand the sympathy. But once they got big britches they proved themselves to be more "evil" than even Google and MS, and certainly no more "open" than Google, who we criticize here routinely.
                If they are looking for a release manager outside of Apple how is that not open?

Comment

Originally posted by wikinevick View Post
                  LLVM is pretty mature nowadays so it's understandable that Apple may lay back a bit.
                  They still have to ship Xcode though so I doubt they will leave altogether.
                  Beyond that they have a long ways to go to get Swift into shape. I would imagine that this has become a very high priority at Apple.

Comment

Isn't it obvious the whole phoronix is a big LLVM fanboy. LLVM is already so good that the extra effort won't benefit Apple a single bit.

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
                      From the Twitter report I received, it was basically quit working on LLVM or resign. (Those are welcome to search the @MichaelLarabel twitter history of tweets towards me, not sure if there's an easy way...)
                      Opensource LLVM or all of LLVM? Apple still has their own internal fork. It might be they will prefer to not to upstream changes now.

Comment

Working...
                      X