No announcement yet.

Borderlands: The Pre-Sequel Released For Linux

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Damn. I'm only 1/2 way through the main plot of BL2 ... Was hoping to at least compete it before the presequal..

I'll prob buy to ensure Linux gets the credit

Comment

Originally posted by teeedubb View Post
      You need to play the game on Linux for a week or to for the porters to get credit (which is what I'll be doing unless the Linux version is on par with windows):

http://www.gamingonlinux.com/article...-on-linux.3934
      Or simply avoid playing it on anything non-linux for a month, as long as you bought it on linux.

Comment

Originally posted by madjr View Post
        Anyway, must support Aspyr so they keep on porting games, so when you buy it, install and play on linux first so they get credit. And if you have some issues report them in their steam forum or site.
        Buying from Aspyr's own store is probably the best way to support Aspyr. Yes, the games are redeemable through Steam.

Comment

Originally posted by teeedubb View Post
          You need to play the game on Linux for a week or to for the porters to get credit (which is what I'll be doing unless the Linux version is on par with windows):

http://www.gamingonlinux.com/article...-on-linux.3934
          If it weren't for a few things?

1) Windows 7 giving me issues with higher DPI settings (games render the same percent larger, stretching way beyond the monitor size)

2) Too frequent crashes to desktop, game freezes and banded/black screen of death

3) Microsoft making their consoles essentially gimped computers, being late to the app game and the way their marketing team works.

?I probably would have looked into how the sales money disperses, but given the above reasons and enough AAA games to keep me busy, I've already decided to go 100% Linux.

Then there's also the fact that I was becoming concerned about feeding the wrong Steam user statistic, but again that was easy given my above reasons.

I've made a poll on Google+ asking which OS (Windows or Linux) is more stable for them. The results are overwhelmingly in favor of Linux. I think The Pre-Sequel will eventually divide up a worthy chunk in sales to Aspyr if people are already finding Linux gaming to be less infuriating than Windows gaming, regardless of what we do here. Microsoft just needs to keep up with their their their their BDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDDD UDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUDUD.................. ..................................................(REBOOTS)

But Linux gamers should definitely make sure the money goes where the porting credit is deserved. Hopefully Gearbox starts porting in-house so we don't have to worry about this with future titles.

Comment

Working...
          X