Intel Works On Ozone-GBM For Full-Screen Chromium w/ Hardware Acceleration

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by curaga View Post
    I would think that with 20+ tabs, searching for a tab is slower than searching for a bookmark?

As searching for a tab, you have to eye a big list, even if it was arranged in an expose-like way. But when searching bookmarks, all I do is type in the url bar, it's really fast. I don't even need to open a new tab to do so, I just press shift-enter to open it in a new tab once found.
    When its icons only and highlight by few symbols (aka Tab Manager) lookup is very fast.
    But to each their own, I guess.

Comment

Why would you do that? There's, you know, bookmarks for that... :P
      Conceptually speaking they're like a different kind of bookmark, I have for instance Phoronix bookmarked but I keep a tab open for every thread on phoronix that I'm currently watching (currently 7 of them from the past 2 days), it's really not worth it to bookmark these pages, but at the same time I want to follow the discussions, so tabs create a sort of temporary quickly accessible bookmark. I used to do this more expansively myself but over the past few years (since the HTML5 revolution) the web suddenly started taking up a lot more memory and became a lot more prone to memleaks regardless of what browser I use.

Comment

I would think that with 20+ tabs, searching for a tab is slower than searching for a bookmark?

As searching for a tab, you have to eye a big list, even if it was arranged in an expose-like way. But when searching bookmarks, all I do is type in the url bar, it's really fast. I don't even need to open a new tab to do so, I just press shift-enter to open it in a new tab once found.
        If you use firefox you can search tabs by simply typing in the url bar. As soon as you type and there's a tab with the text a "switch to tab" entry appears in the auto completion list additional to the bookmark entries. This is probably also possible in chrome or other browser, but I'm not sure about that.

Comment

Working...
        X