No announcement yet.

15-Way GPU Comparison With Mesa 10.3 + Linux 3.17

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, I used to pretty much only excited about Radeon progressing, but Nouveau is definitely picking up. Almost wrote them off.

Comment

Originally posted by gufide View Post
      It's because there is no dedicated Intel GPU, these are the little integrated graphic processors you can find in intel CPU. They are here mostly in case a computed doesn't have any dedicated GPU. Basic things will work great. Not for gaming though.
      These integrated GPU's are awesome, and you can play games, including 3D, assuming you are ok playing at lower resolutions and losing some detail. They are definitely not a gamer's dream, but my kids play a ton of steam games on intel graphics, no complains!

Comment

Originally posted by mendieta View Post
        These integrated GPU's are awesome, and you can play games, including 3D, assuming you are ok playing at lower resolutions and losing some detail. They are definitely not a gamer's dream, but my kids play a ton of steam games on intel graphics, no complains!
        tried to play Mass Effect 3 MP with Intel Graphics on Windows once (Xeon E3-1245v3) and it was a not so pleasant stutter-fest - even in low resolutions

but considering at what clock rate and stats it runs it was rather impressive (not really playable - stuttering - since I prefer to do infiltrator classes + sniping) but still was able to finish the match

really would have liked to get a Xeon with Iris Pro

Comment

Originally posted by kernelOfTruth View Post
          tried to play Mass Effect 3 MP with Intel Graphics on Windows once (Xeon E3-1245v3) and it was a not so pleasant stutter-fest - even in low resolutions

but considering at what clock rate and stats it runs it was rather impressive (not really playable - stuttering - since I prefer to do infiltrator classes + sniping) but still was able to finish the match

really would have liked to get a Xeon with Iris Pro
          According to the comments in Skylake's driver, there is Iris Pro for Server, but NOT FOR Desktop
          So I need to buy Xeon for the best Skylake Iris

Comment

Michael, why you insist that 6870 is the best bet? According to you last benchmarks, the R7 260x is faster, newer, with lower power consumption, cheaper and even smaller. Did you experience any strange behaviour with it? I'm asking because I'm building a new pc for my living room and I have not decide yet about the VGA.

Thank you for the great benchmarks!

Comment

260x vs 270x

Anyone have those cards here?

How are non-performance things playing out for them? Fans? Video encode/decode? Issues with DEs?

Currently 270x (with 2GB) is twice as expensive as 260x...

And since I can not use Win gamer purchase guides, I think I will pick GPU with good support (but for gaming so AMD is only thing right now, as current gen Intel is ... pricey).

I still have some months, and maybe I should wait a bit longer to see if radeonSI will differentiate performance some more (meaning, it will max out 270x perf :P )...

Comment

It'd be nice to see the A10-7850K next to these.

Comment

I was looking around for a 6870 vs 260X comparison on linux and this is exactly it. So it looks tome like buying a cheap, used 6870 might be a better bet than a new, more expensive 260, given that I'll probably stick to the open source driver. i still can't stand Catalyst 2D performance on composited KWin. It's awful.

Comment

Originally posted by cantpostanon View Post
                    It'd be nice to see the A10-7850K next to these.
                    ...or the A10-7800 or even AMD Trinity or Richland APUs...Michael have the board than can use ANY of them (witch is irrelevant to Intel APUs), have the RAM that can work with ANY of those AMD APUs (again, irrelevant for Intel, so, its not as if he had to swap RAM from Mobo to Mobo...and yes, even a A6-5400K works perfectly with RAM set to 2133MHz) so he only needed to install a HDD/SDD and swap the darn APUs to make the tests...

...but apparently swap a AMD APU in its socket its harder work than swap a dGPU and Michael can't be bothered with that

Comment

Driver?

Originally posted by zxy_thf View Post
                      ... works smoother than my Radeon 7750 ...
                      Open or closed source driver?

Comment

Working...
                      X