X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Microsoft Announces... Windows 10 With A Start Menu

Phoronix: Microsoft Announces... Windows 10 With A Start Menu

While most were expecting "Windows 9" to be Microsoft's next operating system, they've announced today the next OS update will be Windows 10...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Nice hair........

Comment

A virtual private server (VPS) is essentially a virtual machine offered for sale by a web hosting company as a virtual dedicated server. While the virtual dedicated server has a very similar meaning to its physical counterpart, the difference is quite striking.

Comment

Smart really... make a terrible OS and have it preinstalled on all new computers for a couple of years, release a "fix" which restores the stripped out functionality and you can charge people for the upgrade they wouldn't bother to pay for if Windows 8 was actually good.

Comment

Originally posted by Tom B View Post
          Smart really... make a terrible OS and have it preinstalled on all new computers for a couple of years, release a "fix" which restores the stripped out functionality and you can charge people for the upgrade they wouldn't bother to pay for if Windows 8 was actually good.
          I belive ive read somewhere its going to be a free upgrade for win8 users.

Comment

Originally posted by verde View Post
            Nice hair........
            Drat you beat me to it!

Comment

Why stop at 10? Make it Windows 11, and claim that it's one better.

Comment

Originally posted by TheSoulz View Post
                I belive ive read somewhere its going to be a free upgrade for win8 users.
                Free upgrade only applies to retail copies (not OEM) - which nobody buys, since every computer comes with an OEM copy anyway. These people are probably outnumbered by Debian/kFreeBSD users.

Comment

As a linux user i ask myself whats new in Windows 10, feels like old thing from a linux user perspective.

Comment

Originally posted by Nille_kungen View Post
                    feels like old thing from a linux user perspective.
                    Reading about multiple desktops sure made me smile.

Comment

Working...
                    X