Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yep

And I had such high hopes TwT.

Anyway, I thought it was a joke, didn't think they were serious. humm.

Comment

Well bubye operating system *uck* :s April fools thing dragged for too long cuz of coverage...

Anyway if their initial kick started was for the kid to HALT the project he would had reached those 50k easy!

Now he will need to actually get a part time job and finish high school before he can save for that car he was aiming...

Anyway kids hope this serve as a lessons. Even early access "kiddie games" need to have a good prototype... before you ask for $.
      Last edited by madjr; 30 September 2014, 07:29 AM.

Comment

1. Find a community that's putting out a ton of free open-source software
        2. Re-spin a disk with your own trademarked logos
        3. Charge 10,000X your costs and MAKE MONEY!!!

Can't really fault the kid - it's the Apple way that he's emulating.

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
          Well, at least Apple has an OS to show for it....

Comment

Originally posted by borsook View Post
            you mean some sort of clothes powered by steam? wear=/=ware
            He obviously meant http://tvtropes.org/pmwiki/pmwiki.php/Main/VaporWear, didn't you know?

Comment

Originally posted by andyprough View Post
              1. Find a community that's putting out a ton of free open-source software
              2. Re-spin a disk with your own trademarked logos
              3. Charge 10,000X your costs and MAKE MONEY!!!

Not really. You forgot step 2.5 where he promised a lot of new functionality on top of that re-spin for which not even the ground work had been laid. There was not even a chance in hell that he was going to get MATE running on Wayland with 50k starting from the ground floor on development.

Comment

OS U will not have any more continued development
                Something about them already looked that way.

"Continued" development? They have
                • a lot of txt files with TODOs
                • A plymouth bootscreen

As far as I can tell no development that could be continued has actually happened yet.

If they were actually passionate about their project they would start and keep developing without funding and try to get some money elsewhere over time like dozens of other distributions already do.

Comment

Originally posted by Doodzor View Post
                  Not really. You forgot step 2.5 where he promised a lot of new functionality on top of that re-spin for which not even the ground work had been laid. There was not even a chance in hell that he was going to get MATE running on Wayland with 50k starting from the ground floor on development.
                  Explain something to me which I don't understand:

MATE has essentially completed its GTK3 port as shown here: http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/status:gtk3

And we all know that GTK3 is a prerequisite for GTK software or applications on Wayland.

So why can't MATE run on Wayland?

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
                    Explain something to me which I don't understand:

MATE has essentially completed its GTK3 port as shown here: http://wiki.mate-desktop.org/status:gtk3

And we all know that GTK3 is a prerequisite for GTK software or applications on Wayland.

So why can't MATE run on Wayland?
                    I don't really know all the details, but MATE uses Metacity (forked under the name Marco) as its window manager rather than Mutter (Gnome 3) so I guess that needs some work first.

Comment

Working...
                    X