Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Nouveau Memory Re-Clocking Comes For More NVIDIA GPUs

Phoronix: Nouveau Memory Re-Clocking Comes For More NVIDIA GPUs

Roy Spliet, the student developer behind funded by the X.Org Foundation to work on Nouveau re-clocking, continues making great progress on this critical feature for the open-source NVIDIA graphics driver. With the latest patches, DDR2 / DDR3 / GDDR3 memory re-clocking should be working for a lot more NVIDIA graphics cards...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

The nouveau team is knocking out re-clocking across the board pretty quickly. I figured that would happen, considering once you know how to do one, the rest should (in theory) come relatively easy. Nice to see though.

Comment

Reclocking on NVA5? I've been waiting for this day for years!

I realize there's still much to do, including getting reclocking to the point where it can be enabled by default, but this is still great news.

Comment

Nouveau Status

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        The nouveau team is knocking out re-clocking across the board pretty quickly. I figured that would happen, considering once you know how to do one, the rest should (in theory) come relatively easy. Nice to see though.
        A lot of people thought i was crazy for saying it, but there are only 7 extensions left until full OpenGL 4.2 support, and Nouveau reclocking is coming along very quickly now. I'm expecting by mid next year that we will see full OpenGL 4.2 support and a huge dent made into OpenGL 4.3/4.4/4.5 support. We are also going to see the focus shift towards new cards, and more up-to date OpenGL features/performance. Now that the existing card lines are almost completed. It's a good time to enjoy open source graphics on Linux

Comment

Originally posted by DMJC View Post
          A lot of people thought i was crazy for saying it, but there are only 7 extensions left until full OpenGL 4.2 support, and Nouveau reclocking is coming along very quickly now. I'm expecting by mid next year that we will see full OpenGL 4.2 support and a huge dent made into OpenGL 4.3/4.4/4.5 support. We are also going to see the focus shift towards new cards, and more up-to date OpenGL features/performance. Now that the existing card lines are almost completed. It's a good time to enjoy open source graphics on Linux
          It seems bittersweet to think that good Nouveau drivers means more money in Nvidias pockets they do not deserve, since they have contributed effectively nothing to the project.

Comment

Originally posted by zanny View Post
            It seems bittersweet to think that good Nouveau drivers means more money in Nvidias pockets they do not deserve, since they have contributed effectively nothing to the project.
            So ignore them and buy from a company that actually supports OSS like AMD or Intel. Thats the only way to get Nvidia to change.

Comment

I have a NVA0 (GTX295) card, is there any progress regarding re-clocking for those GPUs? Any way a simple user like myself can help?

Comment

Which cards are reclockable?

Hi Roy and others!

Which GPUs are re-clockable? You said that NVA3/5/8 should work - this is also for memory.
                What about GPU only? Is whole Tesla family supported or HW is too different?

What aspects can be tweaked? are "3D" and "2D engines" same? Or is just gpu and memory?

What about Tegra K1 - Kepler. Did Nvidia made everything for it (to support OGL3.3)? Did they also released re-clocking or just runs at default clocks?

Thanks for all answers

Comment

Working...
                X