Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NVIDIA To Issue An Update On Their Support Of Mir & Wayland

Phoronix: NVIDIA To Issue An Update On Their Support Of Mir & Wayland

While there's no supportive driver out at this time, NVIDIA continues to be working in the direction of supporting non-X11 windowing systems like Mir and Wayland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

So does this mean NVIDIA support for Wayland is confirmed?

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
      So does this mean NVIDIA support for Wayland is confirmed?
      It's well known that NVIDIA has been working on Wayland support for a while now.

Comment

I didn't see the source. It's here: http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2014/Program/

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
          It's well known that NVIDIA has been working on Wayland support for a while now.
          Once Wayland supports not applying compositing to full screen games and NVIDIA publishes a Wayland driver, I have no reason to use X.org anymore. It will be finally nice to not have to use technology made 20 years ago for a graphics card made yesterday.

Comment

Originally posted by shmerl View Post
            I didn't see the source. It's here: http://www.x.org/wiki/Events/XDC2014/Program/
            Six phoronix links and two bonus links for donations confirmed.

Comment

Originally posted by Britoid View Post
              Once Wayland supports not applying compositing to full screen games and NVIDIA publishes a Wayland driver, I have no reason to use X.org anymore. It will be finally nice to not have to use technology made 20 years ago for a graphics card made yesterday.
              Window mangers and DEs still need to catch up. KDE on Wayland is still WIP. But hopefully that will happen soon.

Comment

Michael, these constant snipes at those who use AdBlock are unbecoming. Don't blame your readers for holes in your business model! You might not be making as much money as you hoped for, but bitterness is not going to help.

I'm sending you a tip right now.

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
                  Six phoronix links and two bonus links for donations confirmed.
                  I'd prefer that the source would be listed as a first link. That's proper reporting.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    Phoronix: NVIDIA To Issue An Update On Their Support Of Mir & Wayland

While there's no supportive driver out at this time, NVIDIA continues to be working in the direction of supporting non-X11 windowing systems like Mir and Wayland...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc5OTk

I will approve of their efforts when Linus switches fingers - middle to thumb.

Comment

Working...
                    X