Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Intel Haswell HD Graphics With CS:GO On Linux

Phoronix: Intel Haswell HD Graphics With CS:GO On Linux

Besides Radeon Gallium3D tests of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, I also did one test-run this weekend of CS:GO using Intel's "Haswell" HD Graphics with the open-source Mesa driver...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: Intel Haswell HD Graphics With CS:GO On Linux

Besides Radeon Gallium3D tests of Counter-Strike: Global Offensive, I also did one test-run this weekend of CS:GO using Intel's "Haswell" HD Graphics with the open-source Mesa driver...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc5OTY

You should never avoid HD6870-vliw5 test, now you are incomplete. You should never avoid comparison with the closed drivers.

Comment

Originally posted by artivision View Post
      You should never avoid HD6870-vliw5 test, now you are incomplete. You should never avoid comparison with the closed drivers.
      This is just a quick, one-page article test... More tests are coming as said a few times already.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Michael,
        I have some things to criticize:

You make lots of Radeon and Catalyst drivers tests but RARELY make make tests with AMD APUs.

You also make lots and lots of tests about Intel Graphics and then agaim NOT so about AMD APUs.

I also consider incorrect compare Intel vs dGPUs be them from AMD or NVIDIA or do same thing with AMD APUs.

I recommend that you start make more tests of Intel Graphics vs AMD APUs (with Radeon drivers or Catalyst but i think would be more correct with Radeon drivers).

There is a market for iGPUs and i believe that would be more interesting you start make fair tests of both Intel and AMD solutions, in special of AMD that are extremely rare here.

Comment

Originally posted by AJSB View Post
          Michael,
          I have some things to criticize:

You make lots of Radeon and Catalyst drivers tests but RARELY make make tests with AMD APUs.

You also make lots and lots of tests about Intel Graphics and then agaim NOT so about AMD APUs.

I also consider incorrect compare Intel vs dGPUs be them from AMD or NVIDIA or do same thing with AMD APUs.

I recommend that you start make more tests of Intel Graphics vs AMD APUs (with Radeon drivers or Catalyst but i think would be more correct with Radeon drivers).

There is a market for iGPUs and i believe that would be more interesting you start make fair tests of both Intel and AMD solutions, in special of AMD that are extremely rare here.
          More Intel tests are done than AMD since I have tons more Intel hardware around than AMD (since Intel - and NVIDIA - send out lots more hardware than AMD).... And then when doing other non-graphics tests, preferring the Intel CPUs due to their faster speeds being unmatched by current AMD CPU/APUs, so keep more of those systems close to my desk than APU setups.

Intel graphics vs. AMD APU tests are more of a pain due to then needing to use multiple systems and their platform differences, etc. I do such tests, just not very frequently.

Will try to do some fresh APU tests in the weeks ahead.
          Michael Larabel
          https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Without comparing to Windows (it will show what the hardware is capable of), these results are more or less useless.

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
              Without comparing to Windows (it will show what the hardware is capable of), these results are more or less useless.
              Wrong, it will show only how it perform on Windows with particular setup used Only one library can make different fps rate, be it sdl, openal, etc. and different sound system and card driver could make some overhead, etc. so many many things unrelated to the actual graphic driver being benchmarked could make a difference in fps rate
              Last edited by dungeon; 29 September 2014, 04:26 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by dungeon View Post
                Only one library can make different fps rate, be it sdl, openal, etc. and different sound system and card driver could make some overhead, etc. so many many things unrelated to the actual graphic driver being benchmarked could make a difference in fps rate
                What are you smoking?

Comment

Originally posted by birdie View Post
                  What are you smoking?
                  Truth, apparently.

These results are not useless if all you want to do is check whether or not you can play the game on linux.

Maybe you want to do something else, which is fine, but that doesn't mean this was useless for everyone.

Comment

Working...
                  X