No announcement yet.

GNOME Finally Supports Ctrl+Tab For Switching Tabs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

But CTRL-Tab behaves different from ALT-Tab.

If you press CTRL-Tab with releasing CTRL, you won't switch back to the Window which was in foreground before. This behaviour makes CTRL-Tab useless and misleading.

Comment

Originally posted by zman0900 View Post
      I just opened gedit 3.12.2, then pressed ctrl-t, and I got a new tab...
      They completely defaced and removed all teh features from gedit in 3.14.

Comment

Originally posted by dibal View Post
        But CTRL-Tab behaves different from ALT-Tab.

If you press CTRL-Tab with releasing CTRL, you won't switch back to the Window which was in foreground before. This behaviour makes CTRL-Tab useless and misleading.
        The behavior of Ctrl-Tab is probably derived from form controls, where you press Tab to go to the next field and Shift-Tab to go to the previous one.
        Also I like my tab in the order they are, and not reordered each time i switch a tab ...

Comment

Originally posted by magika View Post
          They completely defaced and removed all teh features from gedit in 3.14.

Is this really true??? Can someone else confirm this???

This would be...a little strange. Why would they even do that??

Comment

Adding new features? Isn't the goal in GNOME to remove as many features as possible? To not confuse users.

Comment

Originally posted by caligula View Post
              Adding new features? Isn't the goal in GNOME to remove as many features as possible? To not confuse users.
              No no no, you see, they are about removing the features no one uses, and adding those "user friendly" touches
              AKA
              hide what a "minuscule percentage of power users" commonly use and try to shove whatever hipsters think it's cool down their throats instead.

Same as Firefox nowadays.

Comment

Originally posted by Adriannho View Post
                Is this really true??? Can someone else confirm this???

This would be...a little strange. Why would they even do that??
                It is not true. Not a single feature has been removed in gedit. It is just a different UI.

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                  It is not true. Not a single feature has been removed in gedit. It is just a different UI.
                  Oh, thanks for clearing that up for me.

Stupid trolls!
                  Phoronix forum seems to be so full of them these days

Comment

Originally posted by RahulSundaram View Post
                    I know the ui slimmed down, but in Gnome can you open a terminal in the current directory like other file managers, and if so, how?

Comment

Originally posted by chimpy View Post
                      I know the ui slimmed down, but in Gnome can you open a terminal in the current directory like other file managers, and if so, how?
                      Yes, right click <Open in terminal> but you need install the plugin first.

Comment

Working...
                      X