Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Is Lima dead?

Hi!

This is my first post and I hope I posted it in the right forum. I'm following the articles on phoronix for over two (or three) years and they are great .

So my BeagleBoard died and I bought me a Cubieboard 2 with a Mali-GPU on it. This could be a nice opportunity to help the lima project.
    But it seems that the project is dead. The last commit to the main repository was on June 09 2013. The IRC is quite and there is not much
    activity on the mailing list. Also there were not much news about lima lately. Is lima still alive? Or did I overlooked something and the project is active?

---
    PS: English is not my native language.

Originally posted by blubbaer View Post
    Hi!

This is my first post and I hope I posted it in the right forum. I'm following the articles on phoronix for over two (or three) years and they are great .

So my BeagleBoard died and I bought me a Cubieboard 2 with a Mali-GPU on it. This could be a nice opportunity to help the lima project.
    But it seems that the project is dead. The last commit to the main repository was on June 09 2013. The IRC is quite and there is not much
    activity on the mailing list. Also there were not much news about lima lately. Is lima still alive? Or did I overlooked something and the project is active?

---
    PS: English is not my native language.
    how long were you on the IRC channel? IRC isn't instant in most cases since people will be online but away from thier computer... even if they are at thier computer they may not respond because they have other things they are working on.... which is why such projects usually work better when using mailing lists for most communication and IRC for quick back and forth over details or just general chat.

Now some IRC channels are quite active and you can get quick responses but I would never expect that from a small channel (days to weeks is the more apropriate timeframe for a response there and yes you will have to try repeatedly because people don't aways read the backlog)

Comment

Hi!

Thanks for your response
      I wrote three time on their IRC. The first time I waited 4 hours and the next two times about 16 hours. As I waited, there was no reaction on the channel but the channel had a big list of users.
      Maybe I will try it on the mailing list during the summer vacation. For now I have other projects to work on and now is also exam time.

-- Blubbaer

Comment

Working...
      X