Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• NSS Updated On Ubuntu 12.04/14.04 To Allow Netflix Support

Phoronix: NSS Updated On Ubuntu 12.04/14.04 To Allow Netflix Support

While there's a user-agent hack to get Netflix working on Linux using the native HTML5 video support, an updated NSS library is landing on Ubuntu 12.04 LTS and 14.04 LTS to allow Netflix support out-of-the-box...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Is this Ubuntu only? Fedora already has nss 3.17.0, once the filter is lifted, can someone please test it? (I would but no Netflix in Italy for now...)

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
      Is this Ubuntu only? Fedora already has nss 3.17.0, once the filter is lifted, can someone please test it? (I would but no Netflix in Italy for now...)
      It will work on all Linux distributions, but Netflix uses Ubuntu LTS as a baseline (as in: if it works there, it should work everywhere).

Comment

Has any one got the Encrypted Media Extensions working with Chromium?

I'm guessing it'll probably involve copying the .so from Chrome and passing the right flag to Chromium

I'm hoping once it's figured out the chrome-binary-plugins package on Gentoo will be updated

Comment

Originally posted by r1348 View Post
          Works fine in Fedora 20 with Chrome Beta.

Comment

On Windows, I use Netflix as standard on Chrome, getting the UK version. And I've got an extension in Firefox that gives me the US Netflix, meaning I can swap between them at ease just by opening different browsers (Netflix is pretty much the only thing I open Firefox for).

Until I can replicate this behaviour on Linux, I'll stick with Windows. But I'm happy about the progress non-the-less. Now, if I could just find a music player on Linux with a GUI that I like (like Media Monkey!)....

Comment

Originally posted by kaprikawn View Post
              On Windows, I use Netflix as standard on Chrome, getting the UK version. And I've got an extension in Firefox that gives me the US Netflix, meaning I can swap between them at ease just by opening different browsers (Netflix is pretty much the only thing I open Firefox for).

Until I can replicate this behaviour on Linux, I'll stick with Windows. But I'm happy about the progress non-the-less. Now, if I could just find a music player on Linux with a GUI that I like (like Media Monkey!)....
              But...can you use Netflix with Firefox?? I can't! (Fedora 20)

Comment

why would you do that? ....
                you could just install a extension on chrome to change from UK to US and vise versa on demand...
                i used to have one when i needed it for youtube vidos and vevo, i no longer use it tho since its no longer needed on my country, but it used to be pretty easy just click on the icon and choose the country.

Comment

Create a short cut for chrome and use the --user-data-dir= flag to point to a different profile, then you can run multiple instances of chrome with different settings/extensions et al.

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
                  He is using Silverlight on Windows, so yes.

Comment

Originally posted by q2dg View Post
                    firefox does not support the needed DRM (HTML5 DRM thingy).
                    Untill firefox wakes up from its sleep netflix cant do nothing about it.
                    BTW i doubt firefox will support it anytime soon. it barely supports youtube video in html5, its missing so many codecs and stuff (even flash sucks on it... STILL FUCKING WAITING FOR SHUMWAY OR USE PEEPER!!!!) firefox is just... too slow...

PS: i used to love firefox thats why it makes me so angry to see it in this state.

Comment

Working...
                    X