A Tour Of The New Phoronix Office

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael View Post
    I actually have a drop saw, but not sure what your idea is with regard to the design for housing all the components in some space-efficient manner. The only ideas I have that come to mind would consume more room than how I have it setup now. Albeit finding the time to do it will also be more burdensome when usually my piles haven't caused many (very very rarely) static deaths and is generally organized good enough (by vendor, or in cases of graphics cards also sub-organized by every few generations into a pile).
    Essentially, it's just a file-cabinet system for peri-cards. You'd slot the card with in to the board like you would inserting it in to a motherboard.

Was merely a suggestion. I have a thing for organisation is all. I was also saying I personally lost more parts to random 'stacks' than static, not the other way round. Not an issue really due to the low death rate overrall, but it did happen. They were old parts anyway.
    Hi

Comment

Originally posted by stiiixy View Post
      Essentially, it's just a file-cabinet system for peri-cards. You'd slot the card with in to the board like you would inserting it in to a motherboard.

Was merely a suggestion. I have a thing for organisation is all. I was also saying I personally lost more parts to random 'stacks' than static, not the other way round. Not an issue really due to the low death rate overrall, but it did happen. They were old parts anyway.
      Ah okay, I'll probably stick to the current way of doing things unless thinking of a more innovative way to organize it.
      Michael Larabel
      https://www.michaellarabel.com/

Comment

Originally posted by Michael View Post
        Ah okay, I'll probably stick to the current way of doing things unless thinking of a more innovative way to organize it.
        Hah! Sorry mate, wasn't trying to twist your arm. Was just a suggestion. Each to his own. Anyway, they got breweries out your way? A mate from Cali keep's talking up all these beers you guys have. He's originally from Norway and well travelled.
        Hi

Comment

you must have a very understanding wife; mine is very happy for all the technical help I give her but she doesn't like the number of boxes of cables are parts I have even though they are neatly stacked on shelves.

Comment

Hey Larraby.... how 'bout sending moi some of that nice silicon once you are done with it, for my research project :P

GuruOne

(Unfunded. unassociated and unsupported (sniff) private researcher.... LOL)

ps. luv this site, btw

Comment

Working...
            X