Mesa Gets Closer To Having OpenGL 4.0 Tessellation Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Xenopathic View Post
    No, I didn't, but I am involved in the development of it (have a look at https://github.com/MightyCreak/mesamatrix)
    This tool is nice, but as a small tip - you should pick another color for features that the hardware is incapable of using. The amount of red won't seem so daunting if you ignore the fact that a decent chunk of the red pieces are irrelevant.

Anyway, great news. Tessellation is a pretty big feature to be released.

Comment

Originally posted by Ancurio View Post
      Not sure why Michael didn't bother to look at the patches, but a lot of them were actually written by "Fabian Bieler", who I assume is the GSoC student originally working on the whole tessellation shebang inside Mesa before he went missing.

Edit: Yep, it's him: https://www.google-melange.com/gsoc/...76830073815040
      Yep, this is a bit of a team effort. Fabian made a great start before he disappeared, and got most of the broad strokes in. There's also a few patches from Ilia, covering things discovered while wiring it up to gallium.

Comment

Originally posted by schmidtbag View Post
        This tool is nice, but as a small tip - you should pick another color for features that the hardware is incapable of using. The amount of red won't seem so daunting if you ignore the fact that a decent chunk of the red pieces are irrelevant.

Anyway, great news. Tessellation is a pretty big feature to be released.
        This would be nice of course, but since it's just parsing what's inside the GL3.txt and this information isn't inside the file, there isn't a straight forward how to do this.
        Also this would mainly change red bars in r300 and nv50 (not even sure about nv50) so the overall picture would mostly look the same.

Comment

Originally posted by Drago View Post
          I think GL_ARB_shader_subroutine is no small task, in GL 4.0, and it is not started. So it may take some time, before we get to GL4.2 compliance.
          Someone from Intel is looking into that by the way, although I have no idea how far they've gotten.

Also still TODO: fp64 should be close to done by Dave Arlie, and ARB_shader_image_load_store is also in progress.

I expect to see all that (and full 4.2) done by the March release.

Comment

Nice too bad Nvidia doesn't lift a finger to help Mesa in any way.
            Those who would give up Essential Liberty to purchase a little Temporary Safety,deserve neither Liberty nor Safety.
            Ben Franklin 1755

Comment

Originally posted by DarkFoss View Post
              Nice too bad Nvidia doesn't lift a finger to help Mesa in any way.
              At least Linus did it!

Comment

Working...
              X