Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Wasteland 2 Officially Launched Today, Including For Linux Gamers

Phoronix: Wasteland 2 Officially Launched Today, Including For Linux Gamers

Besides the Linux release of Tropico 5, also available as of today is the official release of Wasteland 2, which is coming twenty-five years after the release of the original Wasteland...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Awesome !

Please note you can also get the game, Linux version included, and DRM-free on GOG.com

Comment

Originally posted by kilobug View Post
      Awesome !

Please note you can also get the game, Linux version included, and DRM-free on GOG.com
      It's just as DRM-free on Steam which comes with the added benefit of no waiting for patches to be pushed out.

Comment

Curiously in the Humble Bundle Store the game has not the DRM-FREE tag.

From the Producer of the original Fallout comes Wasteland 2, the sequel to the first-ever post-apocalyptic computer RPG.The Wasteland's hellish landscape is waiting for you to make your mark... or die trying. With over 80 hours of gameplay, you will deck out your Desert Ranger squad with the most devastating weaponry this side of the fallout zone, test the limits of your strategy skills, and bring justice to the wasteland.Key Features: One Size Does Not Fit All: Don't feel like finding the ke...

Comment

Problem with Intel HD4600

Well I've got problems with my Intel HD4600 graphic card. Some black stuff (fog or something) - unable to play, also no shadows at all. And I'm pretty sure it's a driver (mesa) problem, because I've heard the same was on windows and after intel driver update, problem gone.
          P.S. using mesa 10.3 or 10.4-git (dev).

Comment

I'm not buying Linux games anymore, let me tell you why.

The last game I bought was Limbo from GOG and here's the result:

Yes, it's unplayable, and yes, after I paid for the fucking thing.

Yes, there's that bug report, but the porter (Ryan "icculus" Gordon) has been ignoring all his bugs since he ever started porting games to Linux.

So I'm fucking frustrated of this fucking scammer and I'm not buying any games that he has touched anymore.

I'm fucking sick of it, and I don't get why all of you see this fucking piece of shit scammer as a "God", he's nothing but a fucking scammer, and I'm not throwing my money to these games that don't even fucking work.

Fuck you Icculus and fuck you GOG.
            Last edited by ihatemichael; 19 September 2014, 08:45 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by ihatemichael View Post
              I'm not buying Linux games anymore, let me tell you why.

The last game I bought was Limbo from GOG and here's the result:

Yes, it's unplayable, and yes, after I paid for the fucking thing.

Yes, there's that bug report, but the porter (Ryan "icculus" Gordon) has been ignoring all his bugs since he ever started porting games to Linux.

So I'm fucking frustrated of this fucking scammer and I'm not buying any games that he has touched anymore.

I'm fucking sick of it, and I don't get why all of you see this fucking piece of shit scammer as a "God", he's nothing but a fucking scammer, and I'm not throwing my money to these games that don't even fucking work.

Fuck you Icculus and fuck you GOG.
              Sorry about that, but first it was the Witcher and now this. I'm tired of paying for these "ports" that never work and when people report bugs the developer ignores them, and of course, after we paid for them, so I feel scammed and fooled.
              Last edited by ihatemichael; 19 September 2014, 08:55 PM.

Comment

Sorry about that, but first it was the Witcher and now this. I'm tired of paying for these "ports" that never work and when people report bugs the developer ignores them, and of course, after we paid for them, so I feel scammed and fooled.
                Well thats maybe cause the driver ecosystem is fragmented on linux, you have open source drivers and closed source ones. Some support opengl futures correctly and others not, and the situation isn't getting any better with Wayland and Mir. So I would tell you guys to drop that attitude, Ryan is a one army man working with a lot of games, and porting lots of games is no easy shit, your mind could explode if you would be in his position for 1 day.

Just try modifying the quake 3 engine or another one and see how difficult it is. Anyway the insulting attitude isn't the way to go for an OS that just got attention from game development companies, I'm even scared this attention we got from valve and other companies go away if they think dealing with M$ Windows is easier or better.

After all main stream attention would benefit us open source developers in the end since we would be able to finally develop applications that can be commercialized and have a profit for them. The more applications that are compatible with linux the more people will make the switch.

Comment

Originally posted by TheOne View Post
                  Well thats maybe cause the driver ecosystem is fragmented on linux, you have open source drivers and closed source ones. Some support opengl futures correctly and others not, and the situation isn't getting any better with Wayland and Mir.
                  Dude, are you serious?

No, it's not because the "driver ecosystem is fragmented" although that could also improve. Limbo works perfectly under Wine for me. The problem here is that Icculus will make a shitty/half-arsed port and then release it and forget about it, no more updates, no bug fixes.

If someone reports a bug in his bugzilla, he won't even pay attention to it, he will just close the bug with WONTFIX, and of course, his company won't refund the money or anything, this is plain dishonesty.

So I would tell you guys to drop that attitude, Ryan is a one army man working with a lot of games, and porting lots of games is no easy shit, your mind could explode if you would be in his position for 1 day.

Just try modifying the quake 3 engine or another one and see how difficult it is.
                  I understand that but I fail to see how that's my problem. Look, I'm a customer, the company he works for sold me a game and it doesn't work, they won't refuse my money too, what else can I do? I filed bug reports under Icculus' bugzilla but it's been sitting there for months and they go unanswered and worse, he will just close some bugs with WONTFIX. This is not the way to treat customers and it's very dishonest/low, that's why I'm calling him for it.

Anyway the insulting attitude isn't the way to go for an OS that just got attention from game development companies, I'm even scared this attention we got from valve and other companies go away if they think dealing with M$ Windows is easier or better.
                  So be it then, what do you prefer? Shitty Linux ports that don't even work and angry customers? I won't drop the attitude, I'll call them for it because they are plain dishonest, they take our money and never fix bugs, I can't play the games on my Linux machine and it's just a waste of my time and money. I want my money back or ports that work, it's that simple.

After all main stream attention would benefit us open source developers in the end since we would be able to finally develop applications that can be commercialized and have a profit for them. The more applications that are compatible with linux the more people will make the switch.
                  That's fine and all, but with these crappy ports I guarantee you that there will be a lot more angry customers. These companies need to provide good support or just get out. Because right now I feel scammed and cheated with these ports that don't even work.

Comment

they won't refuse my money too
                    They won't refund my money.

Comment

Working...
                    X