Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Tropico 5 Being Released For Linux Gamers This Week

Phoronix: Tropico 5 Being Released For Linux Gamers This Week

There's just two days to go until a new, high quality, non-FPS game is being released for Linux...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

the shared PC in our dining room runs linux, and the kids are bored with the standard games, but do play minecraft, so perhaps this game will be good and I will buy it for them to play.

Comment

Originally posted by speculatrix View Post
      the shared PC in our dining room runs linux, and the kids are bored with the standard games, but do play minecraft, so perhaps this game will be good and I will buy it for them to play.
      That's not really a game for kids. They'll get bored immediately.

Comment

Yeah, I'm not sure how much kids would enjoy a management game, like Tropico.

I'm going to get this eventually. It happens to come out on the same day as Wasteland 2, so I'll have my hands full for a bit. I'll probably scoop it up during the Steam Holiday Sale.

Comment

Lots of kids liked civilization and sim city, they might like tropico.

Comment

Mesa support?

I wonder if it will run on the Mesa drivers since the windows version requires DX11 and all without exception. With the current state of Mesa being Opengl 3.x and DX11 being ~ opengl 4.x...That would suck for those with Intel gpu chips (like me). Here's to hoping the linux version isn't as picky as the windows version.

Comment

It could work if it doesn't strictly check if OpenGL4.x is fully supported. Many OpenGL extensions beyond 3.3 are already implemented in mesa, but full version compliance above 3.3 isn't there yet.

Comment

Working...
              X