Enlightenment E19 Officially Released With Its Own Wayland Compositor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
    I was under the impression they are open source? Then what's all this on 'source.tizen.org' about cloning their platform development kit? Are they selectively open source on some and proprietary on other parts of their SDK?
    Yes, it's an open source OS, that's what you are seeing on the site. Conversely, the SDK is proprietary.

Comment

Originally posted by bison View Post
      The Enlightenment project is not very good at promoting their wares: there's no mention of the release on the enlightenment.org front page, and trying to find up-to-date screenshots requires a lot of digging. If I were doing this work like this, I'd want people to know about it.
      My goodness, give them some time to update the page. Michael is probably subscribed to their mailing list.

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
        Dobthe MD5 sums match?
        I never check it, but since several daily isos from different days had this same issue I think it's not the MD5, nor do I care enough to help further, sorry.

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
          anyone willing to bet Samsung's going to ditch Android in lieu of Wayland+whatever?
          No, Samsung is a multi OS company. Tizen is just their plan B.

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
            Phoronix: Enlightenment E19 Officially Released With Its Own Wayland Compositor

While E19 didn't come out last week as talked about, it was released this morning! The Enlightenment E19 update is a huge upgrade over E18 or E17, especially if you're an early Wayland adopter...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc4OTE
            Hey guys!

I'm looking for an E19 Ubuntu packages, closest as possible with E19 sources, I mean, without extra patches, just plain E19.

Also, I would like to achieve something like this: Ubuntu 14.10 + Wayland + systemd + E19.

I tried to run Bodhi Desktop, didn't like it (too much patches on top on E19)... Then, I tried this: https://launchpad.net/~niko2040/+archive/ubuntu/e19 - but this one doesn't have hardware acceleration enabled and it is a bit outdated.

I tried Rebbeca too, it doesn't even boot (MD5 okay)... :-/

So, lets build/maintain pure E19 packages for Ubuntu? I can host it within my own PPA, I have hardware to build it on a daily basis...

Please, let me know if there are E19 packages around for Ubuntu / Debian (specially if it doesn't depend on XOrg)...

Cheers!
            Thiago

Comment

Hey guys!

I'm looking for an E19 Ubuntu packages, closest as possible with E19 sources, I mean, without extra patches, just plain E19.

Also, I would like to achieve something like this: Ubuntu 14.10 + Wayland + systemd + E19.

I tried to run Bodhi Desktop, didn't like it (too much patches (I think) on top on E19)... Then, I tried this: https://launchpad.net/~niko2040/+archive/ubuntu/e19 - but this one doesn't have hardware acceleration enabled and it is a bit outdated (some packages missing).

I tried RebbecaDesktop too, it doesn't even boot (live menu) (MD5 okay)... :-/

So, lets build/maintain pure E19 packages for Ubuntu? I can host it within my own PPA, I have hardware to build it on a daily basis...

Please, let me know if there are E19 packages around for Ubuntu / Debian (specially if it doesn't depend on XOrg)...

Cheers!
              Thiago

Comment

Originally posted by busukxuan View Post
                Yes, it's an open source OS, that's what you are seeing on the site. Conversely, the SDK is proprietary.
                Have you seen the Tizen SDK? It's Eclipse and Qemu.

Comment

Originally posted by ThiagoCMC View Post
                  Hey guys!

I tried to run Bodhi Desktop, didn't like it (too much patches (I think) on top on E19)... Then, I tried this: https://launchpad.net/~niko2040/+archive/ubuntu/e19 - but this one doesn't have hardware acceleration enabled and it is a bit outdated (some packages missing).

Cheers!
                  Thiago
                  Oops! Sorry about double posting... First time here, I did not realized that it was moderated, then, I posted two times... Sorry... :-)

Comment

Originally posted by ThiagoCMC View Post
                    Hey guys!

Cheers!
                    Thiago
                    What happens when you try to boot? Are you trying from USB? There seems to be an issue with utopic ISOs and the USB Creator
                    Last edited by nerdopolis; 15 September 2014, 08:28 PM.

Comment

does e19 allow or support to run other packages with wayland support ? or only e19 itself runs on wayland only ?

Comment

Working...
                      X