Enlightenment E19 Officially Released With Its Own Wayland Compositor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Enlightenment E19 Officially Released With Its Own Wayland Compositor

Phoronix: Enlightenment E19 Officially Released With Its Own Wayland Compositor

While E19 didn't come out last week as talked about, it was released this morning! The Enlightenment E19 update is a huge upgrade over E18 or E17, especially if you're an early Wayland adopter...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Any live iso to try out?

Comment

anyone willing to bet Samsung's going to ditch Android in lieu of Wayland+whatever?

Comment

Originally posted by MartinN View Post
        anyone willing to bet Samsung's going to ditch Android in lieu of Wayland+whatever?
        You mean Tizen? It's DOA. Nobody will join Samsung's efforts mainly because of it's 4X policy. They have a bad reputation starting with electronics and ending with heavy industries. + Tizen is a closed platform.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
          Any live iso to try out?
          I recently pushed pre release ISO of RebeccaBlackOS with a recent-ish build of Enlightenment master... but its only easy to run the Wayland version, and not the X version. It seems that xwayland support wasnt merged for e19, so my buildscripts will continue to build master, and not the actual release.

Comment

Michael, if you haven't fixed it already, there's an error on the page:

<a href='http://www.phoronix.com/scan.php?page=news_item&px=MTc3MzM">

That first ' should be a "

Comment

Originally posted by nerdopolis View Post
              I recently pushed pre release ISO of RebeccaBlackOS with a recent-ish build of Enlightenment master... but its only easy to run the Wayland version, and not the X version. It seems that xwayland support wasnt merged for e19, so my buildscripts will continue to build master, and not the actual release.
              I tried it out, it freezes right at the start of the boot, no grub menu, typing "live" + Enter doesn't work (nothing happens), I don't know if it's a nouveau issue or an Ubuntu one.
              Same problem with the Ubuntu 14.10 daily plasma5 isos.

Comment

Originally posted by mark45 View Post
                I tried it out, it freezes right at the start of the boot, no grub menu, typing "live" + Enter doesn't work (nothing happens), I don't know if it's a nouveau issue or an Ubuntu one.
                Same problem with the Ubuntu 14.10 daily plasma5 isos.
                Dobthe MD5 sums match?

Comment

Originally posted by BSDude View Post
                  You mean Tizen? It's DOA. Nobody will join Samsung's efforts mainly because of it's 4X policy. They have a bad reputation starting with electronics and ending with heavy industries. + Tizen is a closed platform.
                  I was under the impression they are open source? Then what's all this on 'source.tizen.org' about cloning their platform development kit? Are they selectively open source on some and proprietary on other parts of their SDK?

Comment

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
                    Phoronix: Enlightenment E19 Officially Released With Its Own Wayland Compositor

While E19 didn't come out last week as talked about, it was released this morning! The Enlightenment E19 update is a huge upgrade over E18 or E17, especially if you're an early Wayland adopter...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc4OTE
                    The Enlightenment project is not very good at promoting their wares: there's no mention of the release on the enlightenment.org front page, and trying to find up-to-date screenshots requires a lot of digging. If I were doing this work like this, I'd want people to know about it.

Comment

Working...
                    X