Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Opera 25 Beta Has Bookmarks & Linux Support

Phoronix: Opera 25 Beta Has Bookmarks & Linux Support

Following the recent Opera 25 development release for Linux users of the Blink-powered web browser, the Opera 25 Beta is now available with an updated Linux build...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Unfortunately this Linux support includes "deb" package only. Sure I could try to convert it, but I don't think it should work that way.

Comment

Opera "Linux" support

Originally posted by Zajec View Post
      Unfortunately this Linux support includes "deb" package only. Sure I could try to convert it, but I don't think it should work that way.
      It is not only deb, it is deb for Ubuntu Unity with default motive. Other motive, other desktop environment or other distribution and Opera is not functional or looks weird...

Comment

"MP3 Audio is widely used on the internet" This is sad if true

Comment

Originally posted by Leinad View Post
          It is not only deb, it is deb for Ubuntu Unity with default motive. Other motive, other desktop environment or other distribution and Opera is not functional or looks weird...
          actually no... i use it on opensuse and kde and it works fine and looks like everything else.

concerning installation on other platforms, here is an article of an opera-guy with detailed descriptions: https://gist.github.com/ruario/99522c94838d0680633c

Comment

Originally posted by Leinad View Post
            actually no... i run opera dev under opensuse and kde and it fits the design perfectly.

here are some tipps by an opera guy regarding non deb distros: https://gist.github.com/ruario/99522c94838d0680633c

Comment

Opera is proprietary

They can take their proprietary software and shove it up where the sun don't shine!

It is basically a proprietary modification of Chromium. Might as well use Chromium instead.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                They can take their proprietary software and shove it up where the sun don't shine!

It is basically a proprietary modification of Chromium. Might as well use Chromium instead.
                Are you sure? The German wiki says it's open source since v16 (http://de.wikipedia.org/wiki/Opera).

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post

Or Firefox which uses Chromium also, And IMO is better than chrome now if you use Classic theme restorer.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
                    Or Firefox which uses Chromium also, And IMO is better than chrome now if you use Classic theme restorer.
                    I'm trying to understand what message you're trying to convey? If you're trying to say that Firefox uses the blink engine, you're wrong! If you're trying to say that it uses an UI that is similar to Chrome then you're more or less right. Please proofread for ambiguity.

Comment

Working...
                    X