Opera 25 Beta Has Bookmarks & Linux Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
    Or Firefox which uses Chromium also, And IMO is better than chrome now if you use Classic theme restorer.
    Or even better... Light (a lightweight version of Firefox, fully compatible with addons and much, much faster): http://sourceforge.net/projects/lightfirefox/

Opera... meh, it sucks. I've been using it for years but now...

Comment

Unfortunately I don't even know if you can still call this software 'Opera'. It's certainly nothing like the Opera I used from version 9 to 12.

I've switched to Seamonkey with various plugins (Secure Login, Mouse gestures, NoScript, Torrent client, etc) to bring it up to Opera 11.64-like levels of functionality. Works fantastic for me and I've never looked back

Comment

It is impressive to read that a webbrowser supports bookmarks... I really prefer chrome, however on wheezy/mesa 8 + intel the latest ppapi flash crashes all the time.

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
          It is impressive to read that a webbrowser supports bookmarks... I really prefer chrome, however on wheezy/mesa 8 + intel the latest ppapi flash crashes all the time.
          Has nothing to do with mesa or intel, crashes because it required a newer libc than wheezy has to offer.

Im still using Opera 12 now and then, chrom(e|ium) still feels sluggish and unfamiliar after years of use

Comment

Ah, interesting to know, but a bit weird, i only use 1 wheezy install anymore. Adobe should not require a newer libc6 than the browser itself.

Comment

Originally posted by JX8p View Post
              Unfortunately I don't even know if you can still call this software 'Opera'. It's certainly nothing like the Opera I used from version 9 to 12.
              Yeah, it actually displays most websites correctly and javascript works properly. They seriously fucked it up.

Comment

Originally posted by yogi_berra View Post
                Yeah, it actually displays most websites correctly and javascript works properly. They seriously fucked it up.
                I sense sarcasm...

Comment

Originally posted by profoundWHALE View Post
                  I sense sarcasm...
                  I have no idea what you are talking about.

Comment

Originally posted by grndzro View Post
                    Or Firefox which uses Chromium also, And IMO is better than chrome now if you use Classic theme restorer.
                    Firefox uses its own Gecko engine. It's the only large browser using it, though it's also in a bunch of smaller products. (Siblings like iceweasel, weirder browsers like Wine's replacement for IE, thunderbird for HTML mail, a handful of other things).

Comment

Originally posted by Kano View Post
                      It's kind of unfair to say they "finally support bookmarks", though. Opera 15+ has always had ways to store an URL for later, the only new thing is that they've added a bookmarks manager with nested folders and such for the minority of users that maintain large collections of bookmarks.

Their interface choices in 14+ were based on their usage data from 12, which showed that a massive majority of users never used more than a couple of bookmarks. With that in mind, the focus on the speed dial makes some sense; it's a perfectly decent interface for a modest number of favorite sites. They also had Stash from the start - basically a list (without folders) of bookmarks with optional previews. Of course, it's possible that the heaviest bookmarks users were also the most likely to opt out of submitting usage data.

edit: They also added a bookmarks bar (with, I believe, folders?) at some point for people that wanted a couple of sites readily available as buttons. Even without a bookmarks manager it covered a decent enough set of uses.
                      Last edited by dnebdal; 17 September 2014, 07:38 AM.

Comment

Working...
                      X