Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CompuLab's Intense-PC2 Is A Great Haswell-Based Mini Linux PC

Phoronix: CompuLab's Intense-PC2 Is A Great Haswell-Based Mini Liux PC

Compared to most Linux PC vendors targeting consumers that are just selling re-branded white box systems with Linux preloaded, CompuLab continues to have an interesting set of original offerings that are Linux-friendly and built really well. The latest system we've had the pleasure of trying out is the Intense-PC2...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

What is a "Liux PC"? ;-)

Comment

I think this machine would be perfect for some areas but that price...

Comment

Their little AMD boxes do look sexy. (Okay, the intel ones, too.) But it would be really awesome if they would deliver them with a coreboot option. That might give a wonderful car-pc or something. The price, well, it is according to the size. Indirectly proportional. Not really a bargain but if build quality and reliability are good...
        Stop TCPA, stupid software patents and corrupt politicians!

Comment

The new Intel Broadwell processors seems very interesting and many of them will be passively cooled.

Also the new Intel NUC seems interesting, and the new Intel Atom SoCs.

Would be nice to see a single-board computer (SBC) with 4 USB 3 ports, Gigabit Ethernet, Wi-Fi, Bluetooth 4, NFC, IR, eSATA, M.2, and HDMI or DisplayPort. Preferablly with support for running two disks, so you can run software RAID or systems like ZFS and Btrfs.

Comment

Power supply

I'm also interested in seeing intelligible pictures of the power supply sticker(1), and if possible pictures of the insides(2) of the power supply.

(1) Just to check if the UL listing and/or other listings really check out and possibly what kind of death trap we are dealing with.

(2) By looking at the guts of the power supply, one can have an idea of its quality and if can live up to what the sticker says.

Comment

Originally posted by cobito View Post
              I think this machine would be perfect for some areas but that price...
              The price is a bit stiff. You could buy a Mac Mini for what they want.

Comment

I hope the wifi card isn't the troublesome Intel ac7260.
                Last edited by speculatrix; 18 September 2014, 09:22 AM. Reason: swypo

Comment

Working...
                X