Running The Oibaf PPA On Ubuntu 14.10

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by TheSoulz View Post
    its a shame that while running this ppa or xorg edgers it will break mir support....
    i wish this nonse would stop and mir support would go upstream and stop hurting the consumers.
    i wanna be able to run the lastest version but since it does not include the mir support i refuse :C
    And whose bright idea was it that led to the entire Linux graphics stack being fractured into 2 incompatible branches between Mir/XMir and Wayland/XWayland?

I don't feel sorry for Ubuntu users. They asked for it.

Comment

I've always used the Xorg-Edgers PPA to get updated drivers and newer X stuff. Never had any problems on the three laptops I've used: ThinkPad X1 with Intel graphics, ThinkPad T410 with nVidia, and ThinkPad T520 with nVidia.

Seems that the Oibaf PPA has fewer options -- it has only the open source drivers, nothing else.

Comment

Originally posted by Sonadow View Post
        And whose bright idea was it that led to the entire Linux graphics stack being fractured into 2 incompatible branches between Mir/XMir and Wayland/XWayland?

I don't feel sorry for Ubuntu users. They asked for it.
        What do you need Mir for? Unity 8 is not even remotely in any usable state for desktop and won't be for many months.

Comment

Working...
        X