Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Michael_S View Post
    There is the Google Plus community
    That?s what I feared. Well I guess I won?t use that distro. Not gonna use google+, just like there?s no way I?m making a facebook account ever.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
      That?s what I feared. Well I guess I won?t use that distro. Not gonna use google+, just like there?s no way I?m making a facebook account ever.
      You can use IRC, Github Issues, and email to communicate. You don't have to join Google Plus.

Comment

You have it backwards. pacman uses just one, xbps uses six to do the same thing. I looked, and if people routinely break pacman into pacman-search, pacman-db, pacman-install, etc... I can't find it.
        I am a 100% sure pacman uses all kind of checksums, from sha1sum to md5sums in their pkgbuilds.

Slightly different, per the link MoonMoon provided. Again, why would the developer do something different than chroot just for the sake of being different?
        Because to work in a clean chroot environment you need to mount bind all the proc devices everytime you want to chroot into the clean system. Using such a virtual chroot box is easier I guess.

At what point do you draw a line between many dozens of "very very small differences" and two separate projects? I think if we keep enumerating differences and calling them insignificant, soon we can happily declare that XBPS is a blatant ripoff of GCC. Or maybe Firefox.
        Well because looking at the website from void it claims something that is not the truth. Lying to users and not giving credit to the devs who have been working hard creating another distro what his work has been created from.
        Last edited by cryptoahash; 10 September 2014, 03:17 PM.

Comment

Looks very interesting, very interesting.

I've had arch on pretty much everything since about 2008 but I'm in the "systemd went the wrong direction" camp.
          I'll look into this further and do want to play with this a bit. Now to find some hardware to convert over...

Brian

Comment

Arch and Gentoo are great ways to avoid systemd.

Comment

Originally posted by sound5 View Post
              Arch and Gentoo are great ways to avoid systemd.
              The Arch devs forced systemd down the throat of their users a long time ago, you know.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                The Arch devs forced systemd down the throat of their users a long time ago, you know.
                Arch forced nothing down anyone's throat.
                Anybody's free to package his own alternative in AUR.

Comment

its better to install a distro that treats something other than systemd as a first class citizen. arch doesn't do that. i switched a laptop over to void on friday. boot was wicked fast, better than arch before the systemd switch. runit does have a little learning curve but its not too bad. i wish their install was more arch-ish, the current install tool is a bit buggy.
                  Last edited by bnolsen; 14 September 2014, 04:56 PM.

Comment

XBPS 0.39 is out :
                    Todo lo que necesitas saber sobre el sistema operativo Linux. Curiosidades, consejos, trucos...

Comment

XBPS 0.41 is out:

Todo lo que necesitas saber sobre el sistema operativo Linux. Curiosidades, consejos, trucos...

Comment

Working...
                      X