Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Humble Indie Bundle 12 Launches To Some Excitement

Phoronix: Humble Indie Bundle 12 Launches To Some Excitement

The twelfth Humble Indie Bundle launched today with a large collection of games but sadly brings no new Linux ports to the table...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

most of it

is just a bunch of crap. Most people own it by now. Until new games that are hidden at the moment are hidden - I wont bother throwing money at it. I'd rather save it till something better comes along, hopefully from HB 13.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
      is just a bunch of crap. Most people own it by now. Until new games that are hidden at the moment are hidden - I wont bother throwing money at it. I'd rather save it till something better comes along, hopefully from HB 13.
      Speak for yourself. This is the first opportunity I've had to get DRM-free Linux versions of Papers Please, Luftrausers, and Prison Architect for $5 per game or less.

Comment

and those games

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
        Speak for yourself. This is the first opportunity I've had to get DRM-free Linux versions of Papers Please, Luftrausers, and Prison Architect for $5 per game or less.
        Are crap, so why bother?

Just because it's indie and cheap doesnt mean it's worth buying.
        I bought a lot of games from HIB before, but the only one i was really playing - Torchlight, dungeons of Dredmore and a little bit of Brutal Legend. Though it sucked and I didn't bother finishing it. Graphics is nice, but game is very repetitive and I sorts hate that.
        It has to have 2 out of 3, good graphics, good RPG element/story line, re playability.

I am talking for myself here. I have so many of those bundled games that i never even downloaded to try. I feel like a woman, who feels like she became attractive on a dating site. I supported HB so we get more games. We finally do and I am and I am willing to pay for them. Now I just care not for HIB, since there is nothing I am interested in any more.

Comment

most of it is just a bunch of crap.
          What of it is not a crap?

Comment

Are crap, so why bother?

Just because it's indie and cheap doesnt mean it's worth buying.
            Papers Please, at least, was rather highly reviewed. Just because it's not the kind of game you like doesn't make it crap.

Comment

Meh

Unless it has Linux games, I don't consider it a real Humble Indie Bundle.

Comment

Originally posted by uid313 View Post
                Unless it has Linux games, I don't consider it a real Humble Indie Bundle.
                Uh? All the games are for Linux.

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                  Uh? All the games are for Linux.
                  And DRM free.

Comment

I agree that it appears to be the weakest HiB up to now. Still, I think it's worth supporting the humble *indie* bundles, since those are the only game bundles I know of, for which Linux compatibility is guaranteed (btw: does anyone know what happened to the promised Giana Sisters Linux port?), and it would be sad if Humble Inc would stop making those due to lack of sales. Anyhow, I'm still hoping that some interesting game(s) will be added next week...
                    Until then I'll have a look at the games included currently, maybe one of them offers a positive surprise.

Comment

Working...
                    X