Humble Indie Bundle 12 Launches To Some Excitement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by dimko View Post
    Crap for me, sorry, it's NOT a universal opinion.

I remebered couple more good games from previous bundles, but for the sake of survival cant remember names.
    Papers Please is one of my favorite games. Def happy to have this.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
      I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming that, for the second time, they've had problems with a porting deadline slipping. While it took something like a year and they really should have given status updates, they did eventually deliver the promised Linux port of Vessel.
      Till waiting for Splot from the frozenbyte bundle years ago.

Comment

Originally posted by philip550c View Post
        Till waiting for Splot from the frozenbyte bundle years ago.
        Yeah, but that's Frozenbyte's fault. The Humble Bundle guys can't release what hasn't been written. As I understand it, with Vessel, it took so long because they basically had to fire the old porter and start over from scratch and the way the fluid-simulating bits of Vessel's engine used threads made them tricky to port from DirectX to OpenGL.

That's why I'm willing to give Humble Bundle Inc. the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. It's a lot easier to say "Hey, we had a contract. What's the hold-up?" to a developer when it's a porting job that had a deadline rather than actually writing a game with no agreed-upon release date.

Comment

Different strokes for different folks, but I found it interesting when I looked at my humble bundle page and saw that I purchased budles 3, 6, 9, and 12... I wonder what is going on there.

Comment

Originally posted by ssokolow View Post
            Yeah, but that's Frozenbyte's fault. The Humble Bundle guys can't release what hasn't been written. As I understand it, with Vessel, it took so long because they basically had to fire the old porter and start over from scratch and the way the fluid-simulating bits of Vessel's engine used threads made them tricky to port from DirectX to OpenGL.

That's why I'm willing to give Humble Bundle Inc. the benefit of the doubt when it comes to Giana Sisters: Twisted Dreams. It's a lot easier to say "Hey, we had a contract. What's the hold-up?" to a developer when it's a porting job that had a deadline rather than actually writing a game with no agreed-upon release date.
            Yes but they really shouldnt allow them to add games that are ready yet. In the case of splot it hasnt been released on any platform yet but I bought it years ago. And as for ports its also annoying how ports are done for the bundles but then they dont show up on steam sometimes. Like Papo and Yo, thats still not on steam for linux yet.

Comment

Originally posted by philip550c View Post
              Yes but they really shouldnt allow them to add games that are ready yet. In the case of splot it hasnt been released on any platform yet but I bought it years ago. And as for ports its also annoying how ports are done for the bundles but then they dont show up on steam sometimes. Like Papo and Yo, thats still not on steam for linux yet.
              I agree that unfinished ports should not be sold as part of a bundle, but whether a port shows up on Steam is not something Humble Bundle can control.

Comment

Originally posted by mwpow3ll View Post
                I agree that unfinished ports should not be sold as part of a bundle, but whether a port shows up on Steam is not something Humble Bundle can control.
                Correct but it is annoying and humble could ask the devs to get it on there in time for the bundle.

Comment

It's not under the devs' control when something gets on Steam, is it?

Comment

Originally posted by curaga View Post
                    It's not under the devs' control when something gets on Steam, is it?
                    If the original game company did the port, it's certainly under their control, but if they farmed it out, it would depend on the underlying contract.

Comment

That's (original company porting case) only true if the original Windows version was already on Steam.

Comment

Working...
                      X