Humble Indie Bundle 12 Launches To Some Excitement

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Why Steam?

Does anybody know why this games require Steam? They are DRM-free but I would prefer the classical HB download. Will there be only Steam-requiring games in the future in H*B?

Comment

I'm not interested in any one of these games, including the bonus games. I wouldn't say they're bad but most of them don't suit me or don't offer anything I really care about.

Comment

Originally posted by smitty3268 View Post
        Papers Please, at least, was rather highly reviewed. Just because it's not the kind of game you like doesn't make it crap.
        Crap for me, sorry, it's NOT a universal opinion.

I remebered couple more good games from previous bundles, but for the sake of survival cant remember names.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
          Are crap, so why bother?

Just because it's indie and cheap doesnt mean it's worth buying.
          I bought a lot of games from HIB before, but the only one i was really playing - Torchlight, dungeons of Dredmore and a little bit of Brutal Legend. Though it sucked and I didn't bother finishing it. Graphics is nice, but game is very repetitive and I sorts hate that..
          Woah.

I really enjoyed World of Goo, Shadowgrounds, Penumbra: Overture, Osmos, Trine, Braid.

They were all brilliant, high-quality games.

Comment

Originally posted by pingufunkybeat View Post
            Woah.

I really enjoyed World of Goo, Shadowgrounds, Penumbra: Overture, Osmos, Trine, Braid.

They were all brilliant, high-quality games.
            shadow grounds was a good game. trine is playable, but after completing trine i didnt bother with trine 2. penumbra may be not bad, but not my style...

Comment

Originally posted by holunder View Post
              Does anybody know why this games require Steam? They are DRM-free but I would prefer the classical HB download. Will there be only Steam-requiring games in the future in H*B?
              From what I can tell they don't require Steam. It might nevertheless be, that they can use the Steam runtime (if present), so that you don't need to care about dependencies if Steam is installed.
              Also, I'm downloading the DRM free version of Papers Please right now, the good old traditional Humble Library way.

Comment

Originally posted by soulsource View Post
                I know of, for which Linux compatibility is guaranteed (btw: does anyone know what happened to the promised Giana Sisters Linux port?)
                One of the reason why I won't buy this bundle. They did not keep their promise.

Comment

Originally posted by dimko View Post
                  shadow grounds was a good game. trine is playable, but after completing trine i didnt bother with trine 2. penumbra may be not bad, but not my style...
                  Trine 2 is much better IMO. Everything that made the first game bad, they made up for in that game.

Comment

Originally posted by holunder View Post
                    None of them is requiring steam and all can be downloaded as usual from the HB website. Generating steam keys for the games is an *optional* service which you only get if you pay more than 1$.

Comment

Originally posted by Tiger_Coder View Post
                      One of the reason why I won't buy this bundle. They did not keep their promise.
                      I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt and assuming that, for the second time, they've had problems with a porting deadline slipping. While it took something like a year and they really should have given status updates, they did eventually deliver the promised Linux port of Vessel.

Comment

Working...
                      X