Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• More Wayland Improvements Hit Enlightenment E19

Phoronix: More Wayland Improvements Hit Enlightenment E19

One week after Enlightenment's E19 RC3 release, there's more improvements that have landed that will warrant another new release in the very near future...

Phoronix, Linux Hardware Reviews, Linux hardware benchmarks, Linux server benchmarks, Linux benchmarking, Desktop Linux, Linux performance, Open Source graphics, Linux How To, Ubuntu benchmarks, Ubuntu hardware, Phoronix Test Suite

Originally posted by phoronix View Post
    Phoronix: More Wayland Improvements Hit Enlightenment E19

One week after Enlightenment's E19 RC3 release, there's more improvements that have landed that will warrant another new release in the very near future...

http://www.phoronix.com/vr.php?view=MTc4MTM
    The "septembering" is an evident that E19 development has been influenced by the fappening. Hope he doesn't hurt his hands. There are bugs that need fixing.

On a serious note the xwayland branch seems to be getting stuff done.

And i :sadpanta: cause i can't play with wayland.

Comment

Sad pandas are quite a bit better than a few celebs without makeup, depending on taste of course

Michael, typo: Coverity.

Comment

So E19 will be the frist useable Linux Wayland desktop???

Comment

Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post
          As it seems yes. It is considered "experimental" AFAIK but i haven't seen many WL related bugs on the bugzlila.

Comment

Originally posted by Attent?ter View Post
            Gnome 3.12 is already usable on Wayland with only a few minor regressions. First real Desktop on Wayland was Gnome 3.10.

Comment

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
              Gnome 3.12 is already usable on Wayland with only a few minor regressions. First real Desktop on Wayland was Gnome 3.10.
              How is E19 behaving? (if you tested of course)

I am itching to go and buy a used laptop.

Comment

Hmmm

Originally posted by blackout23 View Post
                Hrrmmm, where are my Gnome 3.10 wayland-only (no x11, no weston) packages ?? Or for that matter, how do I test Gnome with Wayland-Only (no X11, no weston) ??

Comment

Working...
                X