PlayOnLinux Has Experimental BSD Support

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by stqn View Post
    Yep, if Linux games and Steam could work under BSD?
    yeah, If you look at http://wiki.pcbsd.org/index.php/PC-BSD%C2%AE_Roadmap you'll see import FC20 compat layer, targeted at 10.1 which should hopefully bring in that support I'm guessing I'm going to need to wait till PC-BSD 11 before my hardware is properly supported though.

Comment

I love POL. I never use the installation scripts, but it's awesome for managing prefixes

Comment

Originally posted by Luke_Wolf View Post
        Awesome, so once they get that all finished up and in the ports tree and compatibility with modern linux distros through the linuxolator, plus improve the radeon driver I can then properly evaluate switching to PC-BSD
        Everyone who switches to PC-BSD always say that but they sooner or later get driven back to good reliable Linux.

Comment

This project will never succeed because BSD doesn't have the required kernel feature which Linux has. Also, nearly all BSD fanboys including the devs run BSD in VMWare on their MacBook Pros, PayOnLinux will not be used seriously on BSD. Sorry but that's the way BSD devs have made it.

Comment

Originally posted by endman View Post
            This project will never succeed because BSD doesn't have the required kernel feature which Linux has. Also, nearly all BSD fanboys including the devs run BSD in VMWare on their MacBook Pros, PayOnLinux will not be used seriously on BSD. Sorry but that's the way BSD devs have made it.
            Please, do tell me what features are missing. Also, specify which BSD. FreeBSD? OpenBSD? NetBSD?

As for 'VMWare on their MacBook Pros' - some FreeBSD developers do so, but many of them dogfood. As for Open, Net, and Dragonfly, they're almost entirely dogfooded.

Comment

I found that amusing. hahahahaha.

Comment

Everyone who switches to PC-BSD always say that but they sooner or later get driven back to good reliable Linux.
                Funny...I always ending up switching from GNU/Linux to good ol' reliable FreeBSD.

Comment

Please enlighten us on which kernel feature FreeBSD doesn't have that Linux has that has anything to do with wine?

Comment

That endman is just a troll, don?t bother?

Comment

Originally posted by stqn View Post
                      That endman is just a troll, don?t bother?
                      And please stop quoting him - having him no my ignore list doesn't help as much when people quote everything he writes anyway.

Comment

Working...
                      X